A129 Duo - Parking Mode not engaging/recording too much

alamsas

Hi guys,

I've had my A129 Duo for almost 3 years now, and have never really had issues with it until recently when I noticed it wasn't capturing footage. While I would be driving, I would see the REC light flashing and the screen saying "All data will be deleted" and there would be no way of removing this (I assume only if you say yes). Then a few other drives it would record fine, but what I noticed is it does not enter parking mode after I turn off the car. If I remember correctly, I would see the running man icon below the camera icon when it goes into parking mode, however it does not show up and the dashcam just keeps rolling until it turns off.

I tried looking at the footage it recorded and there are times where I see parking mode just records for an unnecessary amount of time (even when there is no movement or noise).
There are also days where it just records parking events but not while I'm driving.

I have tried resetting the dashcam and formatting the SD card. I have updated the firmware to V2.3_20200328 and still have inconsistent results with recording while driving and parked.

I also recently replaced the SD card with a Samsung EVO Plus 128gb as I read somewhere that the new firmware updates might not work well with Sandisk anymore. The results are still pretty inconsistent.

I am at a loss here. I am hoping anyone has a solution as this dashcam has been nothing but great until recently. I am hoping I do not need to replace it as I do not want to go through the wiring process with my car again.

More details:
- I am wired directly to the car for power using the proper Hardware Kit by Viofo.
- Parking mode: Auto Event Detection, Parking Mode G Sensor: High, Parking Mode Motion Sensitivity: Medium
- I have G sensor and Motion Sensitivity set to off as I read a long time ago that the parking mode versions of this will not work if these are on.

Karagandinez

I've had my A129 Duo for almost 3 years now, and have never really had issues with it until recently when I noticed it wasn't capturing footage. While I would be driving, I would see the REC light flashing and the screen saying "All data will be deleted" and there would be no way of removing this (I assume only if you say yes).
Problems with the memory card.

- Parking mode: Auto Event Detection
Try resetting the dash cam to factory settings, change the parking mode to: "Recording at a low bit rate" and observe the operation of your dash cam.

alamsas

Problems with the memory card.

Try resetting the dash cam to factory settings, change the parking mode to: "Recording at a low bit rate" and observe the operation of your dash cam.
Thank you. I will give the low bit rate setting a try.