A129 Duo parking mode is not working anymore

MintySpark

Hello fellas. I bought A129 Duo 3 years ago with HK3 kit. The whole setup is just amazing.
Yesterday I found a scratch on my bumper. I checked the SD card and the surprise was that the dashcam didn't record anything while it was in parking mode for the past couple of weeks!! (It was working great before that).
I checked the fuses in my fuse taps and they're all fine. I replaced the red (battery) wire from the HK3 to another fuse that has a continuous power and all I've noticed is the REC light blinks once and that's it!.
When I start the car the dashcam works perfectly but when shut it off it doesn't beep to let me know that it's now in parking mode as usual. It's just like I'm using the dashcam with the cigarette lighter power socket.

1- I did reset the dashcam by inserting a pin on the side of it.
2- I formatted the system to default.
3- firmware: 1.9
4- I didn't tap any fuse beside the 2 wires from HK3 kit.
5- my parking mode is motion detection

Anybody knows what is going on?

And another thing..
Sometimes my GPS and speed info don't appear on the screen (it says No GPS), so I had to takeoff the dashcam from GPS module and reattach it again (Sometimes it works and sometimes ir doesn't)
Power cable is plugged directly into the camera itself since day 1.
Anybody knows how to fix these two problems?

Last edited:

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

We recommend you check the ACC fuse as well. As the dashcam enters parking mode or not relies on the signal change detected by the ACC wire. Please make sure the yellow wire is tapped into a fuse that is on only when the car is on.

If the ACC fuses work properly, we recommend you check the battery. That problem may be caused by the unreliable power supply that supports parking mode when the ignition is off. You can use a multimeter to test the battery voltage. If it's lower than the voltage you set on the HK3 hardwire kit, that means the battery needs to change.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Sometimes my GPS and speed info don't appear on the screen (it says No GPS), so I had to takeoff the dashcam from GPS module and reattach it again (Sometimes it works and sometimes ir doesn't)
For the GPS problem, we recommend you use a multimeter to test the voltage of the two pins shown in the picture. You can first use the provided USB cable to connect to the GPS mount and then test.

If the meter reads about 5V, that means the GPS mount works properly.

MintySpark

Hello,

We recommend you check the ACC fuse as well. As the dashcam enters parking mode or not relies on the signal change detected by the ACC wire. Please make sure the yellow wire is tapped into a fuse that is on only when the car is on.

If the ACC fuses work properly, we recommend you check the battery. That problem may be caused by the unreliable power supply that supports parking mode when the ignition is off. You can use a multimeter to test the battery voltage. If it's lower than the voltage you set on the HK3 hardwire kit, that means the battery needs to change.
Thanks for the reply.
I did check the ACC fuse and it's okay. I've been using this setup for more than 3 years and suddenly it stopped working.
My battery is brand new, bought it 3 months ago.
Still has the parking mode issue.

What could it be?

Systeman

Hello fellas. I bought A129 Duo 3 years ago with HK3 kit. The whole setup is just amazing.
Yesterday I found a scratch on my bumper. I checked the SD card and the surprise was that the dashcam didn't record anything while it was in parking mode for the past couple of weeks!! (It was working great before that).
I checked the fuses in my fuse taps and they're all fine. I replaced the red (battery) wire from the HK3 to another fuse that has a continuous power and all I've noticed is the REC light blinks once and that's it!.
When I start the car the dashcam works perfectly but when shut it off it doesn't beep to let me know that it's now in parking mode as usual. It's just like I'm using the dashcam with the cigarette lighter power socket.

1- I did reset the dashcam by inserting a pin on the side of it.
2- I formatted the system to default.
3- firmware: 1.9
4- I didn't tap any fuse beside the 2 wires from HK3 kit.
5- my parking mode is motion detection

Anybody knows what is going on?

And another thing..
Power cable is plugged directly into the camera itself since day 1.
Anybody knows how to fix these two problems?
Just a thought, when was the last time you cleaned the contact pins on the GPS mount and camera contacts? It might be worth a try.

deep_purple1127

I actually show same issue, got yesterday the camera , installed with personal guy that connect the HK3 kit.
the camera show that it's records but no records on the storage from the night (i got the internal storage version)
just today i put external SD card 128GB and run FW upgrade.

after i start drove i notice that camera stuck and not respond even the image looks live, seems it's left stuck in the parking mode.
just reboot power helped to recover it.

retiredat44

Website
www.facebook.com
I am trying to see if my main cable cable to my fuse box has an issue with the 90 degree bend in mine. I hate that bend, there was no need for it (yes, it keeps it close to the camera, but both front and back cables bend right into each other) and it maybe causing me and others issues with cutting power to the connector if it was not made beefy enough for that bend. I have to leave my cable a hair out, if I push it in al the way it cuts power off. Not sure if your main power cable, not the rear cable has this problem. I see they don't offer a replacement for the main cable only the rear camera cable. Unless we buy a new parking kit which has the same cable in it with the 90 degree bend. I will watch this thread and others threads to see what others say about this bend in the cable.