A129 duo plus rear camera stopped working

technotronic

I bought the camera on Aliexpress and received it a few weeks ago. I've installed both front and rear cameras and they worked fine. A few days ago I've noticed that only the front camera is working and it is the only one I can select from the settings, the rear camera feed is greyed out. Sometimes, when I disconnect both cables and reconnect them, the camera becomes available for a few seconds and disappears again- so I doubt it is a cable issue.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

Please try to reload the firmware and reset the camera to the default setting. When you reset the dashcam, please first reset it in the setting menu, and then press and hold the hard reset button on the camera body side for 5 seconds.

Do you use the supplied USB cable or car charger to charge it? If you have another VIOFO A129 series dashcam, you can also use its rear cable to do a troubleshoot with the rear cable of the A129 Plus Duo.

technotronic

Update: I reset the settings to factory only from the menu and it started working again. I turned off the screen saver so I could see when it stops working, I have driven ~4 hours and it still works. A little weird and annoying that it just happens, but I am happy it is solved. Thanks.

technotronic

well, it stopped working again so I reset the settings from the menu again. I will try to do a hard reset with the button and I'll update.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Yes, please try these methods. Remember to reset the settings and press and hold the reset hole again after updating firmware. If it still doesn't work then, please let me know.