A129 Duo - Very slow respond, impossible to use.

CamiloDraye

Hello!

I decided to write my own thread because I can't find any solutions.

I have Viofo A129 Duo (with parking mode 24/h) for about half a year. I had a big problem right from the start that I am trying to fight all the time. The camera works relatively smoothly after inserting a fresh memory card (works even faster when not recording) - BUT when the memory on the card is full, the camera barely responds.

Pressing any button on the camera results in a 20/30 second waiting for a reaction.
Switching the camera view works the same way. If I click 3 times to switch to the rear view - camera executes the command after 20/30 seconds (Or sometimes even longer!!)

It records events with a great delay while driving. During the collision, she did not record the incident - but only after it was over... o_O

The answer I found is - replace the memory card with a better one ... but I have tried it:

At the beginning, the camera worked with a standard card: Samsung EVO Pus 64GB [C10/U3 - 100/30 MB/s]
I exchanged it for: Samsung EVO Pus 256GB [C10/U3 - 100/90(min. 30) MB/s]
and then I bought it: Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB [C10/U1 - 100/30 MB/s]
and finally: SanDisk Extreme PRO 128GB A2 [V30/U3 - 170/90 MB/s]

Result: No improvement....

Is it a problem with the recording by the camera? Or still with the memory card?

Please help! Camilo
Sorry for poor english if there is any. I'm not speaking perfectly

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hi Camilo,

I would recommend defaulting the settings in the manual and pressing and holding the R button (on the camera body side) for about 5 secs to reset your A129 Duo. In case of a card issue, please test your Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB as this link and then format it referring to this link.

Systeman

I purchased my A129 Duo back in October 2018. I did have a rear cable problem about 9 months later, loss of rear camera signal. Replaced the cable and since then all has been okay.

I'm using firmware version 2.2
SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 Card 128GB
I format the card every couple of weeks.

These dash cams do get used a lot and I'm wondering just how long the capacitors last, because they do generate a lot of heat. I recon that it's about time now for me to concider replacing the capacitors and give it a new heart.

Capture Your Action

I purchased my A129 Duo back in October 2018. I did have a rear cable problem about 9 months later, loss of rear camera signal. Replaced the cable and since then all has been okay.

I'm using firmware version 2.2
SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 Card 128GB
I format the card every couple of weeks.

These dash cams do get used a lot and I'm wondering just how long the capacitors last, because they do generate a lot of heat. I recon that it's about time now for me to concider replacing the capacitors and give it a new heart.
I recommend keeping an eye on your recordings as the SanDisk Ultra cards are notorious for failing in dash cameras.