A129 Duo - WIFI 2.4 ghz vs 5ghz

benjoon

I'm finding that the WIFI 2.4 ghz is very slow to copy over a 3 min file. How much is it faster in 5ghz? in terms on averge Mbps for 5ghz wifi connection.

Alistair Parsons

How slow is it, it would probably be quicker to remove the sd card. 5ghz normally helps more if theres other wifi networks causing interference. actual range can be shorter and speed can be slower. how far from the camera are you.

benjoon

I'm about 1cm away lol. I've been trying to play with the distance and it doesn't really make a difference because i'm inside the car when i'm trying to copy files over.

I've noticed that it takes over 6 min to copy over a 300mb file. ie. 3min file.

I've tried copying a file to the VIOFO app today on my iphone 8s and it told me that it was copied successfully but it wouldnt let me save it to my phone album.

I've tried playing a video on the a129 device using the VIOFO phone app and it plays fine till for a several seconds then freezes.

Is this normal to have problems like this?

baldrick

I'm about 1cm away lol. I've been trying to play with the distance and it doesn't really make a difference because i'm inside the car when i'm trying to copy files over.

I've noticed that it takes over 6 min to copy over a 300mb file. ie. 3min file.

I've tried copying a file to the VIOFO app today on my iphone 8s and it told me that it was copied successfully but it wouldnt let me save it to my phone album.

I've tried playing a video on the a129 device using the VIOFO phone app and it plays fine till for a several seconds then freezes.

Is this normal to have problems like this?
Have you updated the camera to the latest v1.8 firmware?
What you describe is exactly what was happening with my camera when I purchased it last week. I updated to v1.8 and now it all works as you would expect. I can now steam full speed and download at quite an acceptable speed, all using 2.4Ghz network. So what ever has been going on seems fixed with that firmware update even though it does not mention it in the release notes.