A129 Duo working intermittently?

Ayoubma

Hi, My hardwired dash cam already had an issue for couple weeks, parking mode was working for only 5mins. I recently bought a good 128gb card and it seemed to have corrected the issue.

But today I realized that it literally didn’t worked for a whole day, the cam wouldn’t respond so I unplugged it and plugged it back and it started recording again. But now when I wanted to look at important footage I realized that it worked only for a little more than 1 hour (parking + normal).

What can cause that? It’s been really cold the past days it’s the only thing I could think of.

Is it a recurring problem from Viofo dash cams?

Capture Your Action

Ayoubma

Format the card with SDFormatter. Perform the full overwrite, not the quick format. After using SDFormatter, place card in camera and format again.

If your using Auto Event Detection, try another parking mode as that mode seems to be troublesome.

Hi I think I found the issues.
First: activating wifi to connect my phone would make the camera stop recording without beeping. So now after disconnecting my phone I replug the camera.

Second: this one I’m not exactly sure how to fix but I’m 100% sure the camera is making my car not responding to my key from long range so it may be due to the fuses I choose.

Capture Your Action

Is your firmware up to date?

Sounds like you getting some interference. Try unplugging the rear camera from the front and see if that helps with the key fob range. If it does, then you’ll need to reroute the rear cable, staying as far away from the key fob antenna as possible. You could also try using some ferrite cores. Some have had success placing one or two ferrite cores on the rear camera cable, as close to the camera as possible.

Ayoubma

Is your firmware up to date?

Sounds like you getting some interference. Try unplugging the rear camera from the front and see if that helps with the key fob range. If it does, then you’ll need to reroute the rear cable, staying as far away from the key fob antenna as possible. You could also try using some ferrite cores. Some have had success placing one or two ferrite cores on the rear camera cable, as close to the camera as possible.
Thanks for you help.
Very interesting I would had never thought that would be possible but I just tried unplugging my rear camera and it worked I tried using my key 100m away and it worked flawlessly.
I made some quick research about where are the RF receivers on a Mercedes W205 and found that there’s many of them. Do you think using ferrite will fix the problem?

Capture Your Action

Thanks for you help.
Very interesting I would had never thought that would be possible but I just tried unplugging my rear camera and it worked I tried using my key 100m away and it worked flawlessly.
I made some quick research about where are the RF receivers on a Mercedes W205 and found that there’s many of them. Do you think using ferrite will fix the problem?
I know others have seen a good improvement with the fob range after installing some ferrite cores, but won't if it will help your situation until you try. They are not expensive, so worth a try. The link below is to a variety pack, for some reference.

Ayoubma

I know others have seen a good improvement with the fob range after installing some ferrite cores, but won't if it will help your situation until you try. They are not expensive, so worth a try. The link below is to a variety pack, for some reference.

I ordered one coming today I hope it fixes the issue because I have to other route for the cable... One ferrite core in the beginning and one at the end would be optimal?

Capture Your Action

Try just one at the rear camera. Place it as close to the camera as possible. If it helps, try another next to the first one or try one at the front camera.

Ayoubma

Try just one at the rear camera. Place it as close to the camera as possible. If it helps, try another next to the first one or try one at the front camera.
I tried one near the rear camera as close as I could around 2 inches far, I did not work but now I’ll add one close to the front camera.

Used exactly the ones you shared