A129 freezes, hard to start

Terry274

I have a Viofo A129 Plus Duo, bought in December of 2020. For the last two months I have been having problems with the cam freezing as well as not wanting to start, sometimes it will never start until it has remained off for several minutes. The cam is wired with the Viofo hardwire kit. I disconnected that kit and am now using the cigarette lighter plug to power the cam. That did not help. I also bought a new SD card and again, no improvement. I have also reverted the firmware to 1.5 and done multiple hard resets with the button as well as resets to default.
Does anyone have any suggestions before I discard this camera?

Last edited:

Karagandinez

I have a Viofo A129 Plus Duo, bought in December of 2020. For the last two months I have been having problems with the cam freezing as well as not wanting to start, sometimes it will never start until it has remained off for several minutes. The cam is wired with the Viofo hardwire kit. I disconnected that kit and am now using the cigarette lighter plug to power the cam. That did not help. I also bought a new SD card and again, no improvement. I have also reverted the firmware to 1.5 and done multiple hard resets with the button as well as resets to default.
Does anyone have any suggestions before I discard this camera?
1. If you are using a DVR with a rear camera, try turning it off.
2. If the DVR is powered by the GPS module, switch the power to the DVR itself.
3. Try another recommended memory card.

Terry274

The rear cam is disconnected at this time.
Switching from the GPS to the camera port changes nothing.
I have tried three memory cards, one was bought new specifically to test this problem.
Also, I am not using parking mode.

The camera is out of warranty. I feel like it should have lasted longer than two years.