A129 Plus Duo Connection Issues

Blackrat

I recently purchased a A129 Plus Duo from Amazon UK but the experience so far has not been great.
The installation went fine but it's never worked correctly.
  • The wifi hangs the camera when I try to turn it on and puts a 'refresh' or 'turn off wifi' message that won't clear until I power off/on the camera.
  • I sent the blutooth button back for a refund because it refused to connect to the camera at all.
The installed firmware when I got it was 1.5 but I downloaded a fresh firmware (FWA129S.bin), even though it's the same, and re-flashed it.
No change.

Any ideas on what I could try next?
Thanks.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

May I know the serial number of your dashcam? You can find it on the camera's back when you slide the front camera out of the GPS mount.

And after changing a firmware, please manually default the settings, and then press and hold the reset button for 5 secs.

Last edited:

Blackrat

OK tried that.
Still getting the failed connection in AP mode and I have to power down to clear it.

Attachments

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
I'm attaching a firmware file. Please try to update with it.

How to update:

Copy both the FWA129S.bin and FWA129SN.bin to the sd card, then connect the external charger to power on the camera, it will update automatically. The camera will restart after the update.

Note: remember to format the card before.

If it still doesn't work, please submit a ticket.

Attachments