A129 Plus (Duo) WiFi Station Mode

TamTam

Hello,

I saw that WiFi Station Mode is available for A129. I recently bought A129 Plus Duo, upgraded the FW to the latest one (1.4). This option seems not being available.

Do I miss something? If not, can we expect to have this option available soon, thanks to a FW upgrade?

Would be very useful, not only to download the files to the home network but in the car as well: I continuously use mobile network and set my phone to WIFI hotspot when driving. Thus I can use Waze and other Android Auto stuff like Spotify, still can share my mobile network access with my kids (I have ~unlimited mobile package, they don't).

So if WiFi Station Mode was available I could also have the Dashcam live view accessed when driving.

work

Reply from support:
We don't have a plan to add this feature to the A129 Plus Duo for now.
I will forward your requirement to our engineers.
I sort of expected the Plus to not have fewer features than the non-Plus A129? WiFi client mode was one of the reasons I bought this camera and it's going to be a massive pain to return it now that both cameras are mounted...

toqov

Is there any update on this? I bought this camera expecting this feature and cannot return it, very dissapointing. It seems like a relatively simple thing to update the software on a flagship product to match the standard version (A119).

Capture Your Action

The A129 Plus is different from the A129, and cannot do this. Which is why this is disappointing in the first place
Sorry, missed the Plus in the title. I don’t recall Viofo ever advertising station mode for the Plus model. It was added pretty late to the regular DUO and don’t think it’s a popular feature. Viofo may still add it if it’s possible. The Plus uses a different chipset, so not sure if it’s possible or not.