A129 Pro Duo, only recording and saving video during parking and for 38 sec engine start

Viofo-user

Hello, I've had this A129 Pro Duo since February 17, 2020. Bought a new SanDisk 256gb high endurance at the same time. Probably done 35k miles with it so far. never needed it for myself so far thankfully. However its seen a lot of stuff. Today I went to grab a clip from a near miss I saw this morning and noticed its not recording my trips anymore. Just parking and 38 seconds after engine start. Its also recording in the middle of the night in my windowless pitch black garage, I have many files of black nothing.

So I poke around the web and see the firmware update and do that. Put the card back in and format it in the the camera. Reset to factory defaults. Change the loop to 10 mins and the parking to auto event detection, bitrate to max. Go for a 15 min drive with 20 mins of parking and back.

Pull the card and put it in my pc and I have 5 files all are parking or 38 sec video from after parking on my way. What is going on?