About AP Mode Displaying When Connect to Wi-Fi

kitcarson

If using Android, Turn ON airplane mode before you launch App (this disconnects you from current WiFi). Stop recording on camera and put camera in WiFi mode. Then launch app and turn ON Wi-Fi on cell phone before Connect button. First time you successfully connect, set VIOFO WiFi network as auto connect using gear settings icon next to select VIOFO WiFi And change password.

In future, if you get "Connect, no internet", exit App and immediately relaunch. After first two screens to connect in App, immediately puts you in Live View mode. You won't be asked to choose WiFi network or for password anymore. Works every time now for me.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
If using Android, Turn ON airplane mode before you launch App (this disconnects you from current WiFi). Stop recording on camera and put camera in WiFi mode. Then launch app and turn ON Wi-Fi on cell phone before Connect button. First time you successfully connect, set VIOFO WiFi network as auto connect using gear settings icon next to select VIOFO WiFi And change password.

In future, if you get "Connect, no internet", exit App and immediately relaunch. After first two screens to connect in App, immediately puts you in Live View mode. You won't be asked to choose WiFi network or for password anymore. Works every time now for me.
Hello,

Are you saying the AP mode also happened in your dashcam, but you used the method you mentioned above to avoid it? If it's true, that would be helpful a lot!

kitcarson

My Viofo Plus Duo came with latest firmware 1.5 so knew it wasn't that. I was getting "Connect, no internet" on cell phone in Viofo app every time I tried to connect. No message on camera. Just WiFi symbol on screen. (this is different from Connection FAILED).

To connect very 1st time, turn OFF Mobile data and turn ON airplane mode on your cell phone (this disconnects your cell phone from all WiFi--my home WiFi runs on 5G so cell phone always connected to home). Turn on camera and then WiFi mode. Then Launch Viofo app. I know it says to turn on camera and WiFi in App. Instead I turn on camera WiFi first. Then launch App. Hit connect button in App and then turn on cell WiFi. Wait for Viofo WiFi to show up in list, select it and enter password. Then I successfully connected. Once in, set Viofo WiFi as auto connect. Once you can consistently connect, change password.

Now all I do is turn airplane mode ON, put camera in WiFi mode, launch app and hit connect button. Then turn on Cell WiFi and select Viofo WiFi.
I still get "Connect, no internet" once each time. I close App and relaunch App immediately and automatically in to Live View mode. Don't know why always "connect, no internet" first attempt but successfully auto connects on 2nd launch and doesn't ask for password.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Understood. That may be helpful for people who can connect to the Wi-Fi for the first several times. Once AP Mode happens, they can see if the phone can connect to the cam's Wi-Fi referring to your method.

kitcarson

Understood. That may be helpful for people who can connect to the Wi-Fi for the first several times. Once AP Mode happens, they can see if the phone can connect to the cam's Wi-Fi referring to your method.
I suspect that "Failed" message on camera screen could be because airplane mode on cell phone turns off all WiFi. If you don't turn WiFi back on the cell phone, the camera will try to connect but no WiFi on cell so "Fails".

wonghotbit01

I suspect that "Failed" message on camera screen could be because airplane mode on cell phone turns off all WiFi. If you don't turn WiFi back on the cell phone, the camera will try to connect but no WiFi on cell so "Fails".
I think it's more of a problem with the wireless network module device. Because I tried to fix it with a new way to install version 1.5 which I have done many times. But it can't solve this problem.

wonghotbit01

Hello,

I'll help you with it.
Thank you very much, I have been contacted by the seller. And I have sent the device to the seller. I think the seller should have received the device by today. The seller told me to check with version 1.5 installed. If the problem is not solved with the program The seller will replace the device with a new one. :D

Last edited:

Hgobunsuy

So I'm wondering if I need to send mine in for service as well? The firmware was already 1.5 so I just did the reset button on the side. When I turn on wifi mode I get stuck on the following screen, in both 2.4 and 5ghz mode. I put my iPhone in airplane mode and turn on only the wifi setting but no network shows up named viofo

Attachments

kitcarson

It is a possibility. I never got "Failed connection" on camera screen. Instead, I got "Connect, no internet" which told me camera connecting with some unknown WiFi network but denied internet access. The question mark by message said "change settings."

I suggest you download free WiFi analyzer app and see all local WiFi networks you pick up and see if Viofo WiFi signal present after you turn on camera WiFi. If not, your camera isn't sending signal. Then you know defective.

See my screenshot. Viofo signal stronger than my home WiFi but I was outside in my car.1147

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
So I'm wondering if I need to send mine in for service as well? The firmware was already 1.5 so I just did the reset button on the side. When I turn on wifi mode I get stuck on the following screen, in both 2.4 and 5ghz mode. I put my iPhone in airplane mode and turn on only the wifi setting but no network shows up named viofo
Please send me a pm of your dashcam's serial number. You can find it on the camera's back when you slide the front camera out of the GPS mount. Thanks!

kitcarson

WiFi analyzer will also show if channel used (36 on 5G for my camera) has lots of competition which could be interfering. If no Viofo Signal detected, you know module in camera defective.

ets1

I have tried repeatedly with airplane mode on or not before attempting to connect wifi. I always get the same screen as posted by Hgobunsuy above. Model A129 Plus Duo, firmware version 1.5. Is this a hardware fault?

sianturi

Hi Admin, I've got the same problem with TS, its just brand new unit (bought on Dec 14th, received Dec 17th, 2021, but it cannot connect to Wifi.
I've tried :
Default setting
Reset
Change from 2.4 Ghz to 5 Ghz, ViceVersa
But all cannot work. Would you mind to give me any solution ?

Lema

Hi Admin, I've got the same problem with TS, its just brand new unit (bought on Dec 14th, received Dec 17th, 2021, but it cannot connect to Wifi.
I've tried :
Default setting
Reset
Change from 2.4 Ghz to 5 Ghz, ViceVersa
But all cannot work. Would you mind to give me any solution ?
Hello Viofo Community,
I'm facing the same problem and tried every method mentioned in this thread. Nothing helps.
Viofo A129 Duo bought on November 12, 2019 with already installed 1.9 firmware on it.
Upgrade to 2.2 caused me this error with WiFi - photo attached.

Please help me.

EDIT: Downgrade to 2.1 solves the problem. Is there any way to get a firmware patch for 2.2?

Attachments

Last edited:

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

We currently don't have a firmware patch for V2.2. Would you like to keep using the current V2.1? I'll keep you informed when there is a new version coming out.

Lema

Hello,

We currently don't have a firmware patch for V2.2. Would you like to keep using the current V2.1? I'll keep you informed when there is a new version coming out.
Hello,

No problem. Looking forward from hearing from you :)