Anyone actually manage to record non stop for 90 minutes?

Running Man

Some of the runs I want to record are 90 minutes long. (I am set up for the Led going off after 1 minute)
I have been testing my Git2 Pro batteries (3 x batteries all new, one came with camera and two came with extra charger package)

I am simply recording the same area (no movement) at 1080x30fps / WDR on / Gyro stabilization on / high bit rate, but the camera recording time never keeps recording until the battery becomes depleted, my last test recorded for about an hour then the recording flashing red light stopped. When I checked, there was still 2 bars on the battery icon and the hour of recording has been split into 3 x 20 minutes movie clips (each 4GB in size)

Any help please?

Running Man

Not too sure how that would work. Do you mean One battery in the camera and usb out to charger which contains two fully charged batteries?

Please bear in mind I'm running for 10miles / 1+1/2 hours, the less weight the better and the smaller the set up the better...

Running Man

How would that work in theory?

I go running with my Git2 Pro which has a fully charged battery in it and the camera is also connected to a fully charged usb power bank? Which runs out first, does the power bank keep the Git2 topped up until the power bank has fully drained and then the Git2 battery takes over and starts to drain normally?

Hope that makes sense?

Alistair Parsons

That should be the case

would be worth testing while not on a run, some battery packs may shut off after a while, but i have used one on a gopro for quite a few hours of still photo timelapse.

Running Man

Here are my latest tests.
Git2 Pro using a Fully charged battery (set to switch Led screen off after 1 minute of recording.
64Gb Kingston card

1080x30fps / WDR off/ Gyro stabilization on / medium bit rate,
Total time of recording before 3 bleeps and camera switched off = 1:37:43 secs
Unfortunately this camera records in blocks of 4GB's (3.99 to be exact) then a new recording is made, (nothing is written over) this means 3-4 seconds are lost between each recording
I ended up with 4 movies (13.8Gb), 3 movies are 00:28:10 secs in length and the last is 00:13:13 secs
I can not comment on the movie itself quality wise as the camera for calibration was pointed at a radio controlled clock the whole time.
Next test will be an actual run.

Hope this helps anyone that is looking for similar results and usages etc.

Alistair Parsons

to avoid the 3-4 seconds lost, you need to set it to loop recording. a 64gb card should do about 8 hours before old ones overwritten
then you can do 5 min chunks, and no lost seconds

4gb is a limit in chipset and cant be overcome.

Running Man

Brilliant - just tested it: as you say loop recording goes from one video to the other flawlessly (no time lost).

Thank you for the tip

Running Man

Update: I used a 64GB card and successfully recorded a 10mile run lasting 131 minutes. Using the 10 minute loop function the run was recorded flawlessly from start to finish. The video will soon be placed on YouTube for your viewing pleasure.