Awful quality following firmware update

filip

Hi all,

Having issues with my dashcam following latest firmware update

Dashcam worked great, great picture, no issues. Have been lazy and didn't update the firmware.

Decided today that might be worthwhile updating the firmware, the current latest is V2.5. Updated the firmware by correctly following the steps.

After the firmware update, the quality has turned awful. It's pixelated, blurry and any piece of darkness is being shown in purple. I also get horizontal red lines running across the footage from the front cam and also from the digital screen of the dashcam. (These issues are also the same when looking at the feed from the digital screen - so doubt it's anything SD related, I'm using Sandisk High Endurance 256gb and have had the camera/sd card for less than a week)

Video setting set to highest with bit rate set to high

see videos below

Any help would be appreciated

Mudwin

Same problem. Rear camera is great at night (Can't drive in reverse everywhere just to get a great picture...;)). Front camera quality at night is like my first dashcam many years ago which was only 720p. Recently changed settings and turned on parking mode but can't remember old settings. Is there a cheat sheet on recommended settings?

SWoMP

I have a 3 column Word document that lists all the menu choices, second column has default settings, and third column is blank for you to note your variances. Any use?

Capture Your Action

Be sure to manually default the cameras settings in the menu (it's an option in the menu) after any firmware change. You should then also press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.

Mudwin

Be sure to manually default the cameras settings in the menu (it's an option in the menu) after any firmware change. You should then also press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.
I had to use the reset as unit didnt like 2.5 and wouldn't power up after attempting to update firmware. Battery pack and PC wouldn't power it but when I put it back into car it powered on and the update installed. Sentings are back to default. Hopefully the front image quality will return.
Thanks.
I have a 3 column Word document that lists all the menu choices, second column has default settings, and third column is blank for you to note your variances. Any use?
Ive gone to default settings for now to see if that's any better. Somewhere in my photos I've got screen shots of my variances from updating to 1.1 but its finding them:rolleyes:..... thanks anyway

Capture Your Action

I had to use the reset as unit didnt like 2.5 and wouldn't power up after attempting to update firmware. Battery pack and PC wouldn't power it but when I put it back into car it powered on and the update installed. Sentings are back to default. Hopefully the front image quality will return.
Thanks.

Ive gone to default settings for now to see if that's any better. Somewhere in my photos I've got screen shots of my variances from updating to 1.1 but its finding them:rolleyes:..... thanks anyway
The cameras settings default automatically when changing firmware, but manually defaulting the settings in the menu should be done as well. Did you do this? If not, you should. This will ensure there is no leftover values from the previous firmware messing with the new firmware.