Battery life when camera is OFF?

CoR

What is the normal battery life when Gitup2 is off?
I have strange issue here.... Battery is half full after 3-4 days, and completely empty after 7 days. Why?

Warren

Mine has the same problem, and this happens to some of the cameras. The battery goes flat after about 4-5 days. I don't notice this at first as I was using the camera a lot, and kept it charged up, but after a week of not using the camera, the battery was flat when I took it out to use it. This happened over several battery charges, so I don't keep the battery in the camera anymore.

My serial number is GIT2P16150966, you might check to see if your camera is in the same serial number range. The number is in the battery compartment.

Does your time/date stamp (current time/date) reset to default when you change (less than 30 seconds) from a fully charged (charged in the camera) battery to another fully charged battery? Or just quickly pull and reset the fully charged battery that's in the camera already?

CoR

sn: GIT2P15460105
This should be one of the first Git2 cameras built.

Yes, date and time settings were gone after reading sn. But other settings remained, like video settings, gyro on, photo settings.

So, is there anything I can do to fix this battery draining?
I have a friend who is able to open camera, clean it, cut small pcb wires, change some electronic parts...

Warren

You would think that Gitup would issue a recall for those cameras that "eat" their batteries, and loose the date/time with just a quick "pull/push" of the battery.

Camera still takes great videos, and I will have to live with setting the date/time every time I use the camera.

CoR

I almost don't care about date/time. But I care a lot about battery life! Imagine going on holiday and turning the camera off to preserve battery.
After three days... Surprise :) No power, no pictures, no recording. Party time :D
Not :(

Warren

I need to get one of the dual battery chargers and forget about charging them in the camera.