Best way to remove camera base from windshield?

Digital_Dad

I have the A129 with GPS base mounted on my windshield and am moving to a new bus. I need the best way to remove the base from the windshield without damaging the base or the windshield. I want to remount it on my new bus. I thought maybe getting the sticker adhesive cold and then trying to pry it off or maybe just the opposite and getting it hot with maybe a hair dryer and then trying to pry it off?

Capture Your Action

I have used a hair dryer (from the outside) a few times and works well. Just don't use heat if there are any cracks in the area. You can also use the included string to "saw" though the adhesive pad. Floss works too.

Digital_Dad

I have used a hair dryer (from the outside) a few times and works well. Just don't use heat if there are any cracks in the area. You can also use the included string to "saw" though the adhesive pad. Floss works too.
I asked my wife for some dental floss she didn't mind me using and will try it out this afternoon. Any backup plans? I will be doing this in our lot at work so I won't have access to anything once I'm there.

Capture Your Action

I asked my wife for some dental floss she didn't mind me using and will try it out this afternoon. Any backup plans? I will be doing this in our lot at work so I won't have access to anything once I'm there.
Maybe an old credit card, or something similar, to push in under and around all sides of the mount. It should eventually be able to be pulled off. Just don't use anything that could scratch the glass. Floss should work, just some extra in case it brakes.

BigBillSD

I tried floss, just breaks often. Ended up using a single edge razor blade and a thick piece of plastic to push against the edge of the blade to cut thru. Luckily these cameras come with a couple extra pieces of the tape to stick them on. -Bill