Cannot connect iPhone 12 Pro Max to Wifi on A129 Pro Duo

JGKenyon

I hope someone can help me here. I tried searching for the answer, but the Search feature on this forum won't search for terms like "iOS", "14" and "7" because it says those terms are "too short".

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 14.7. My Viofo A129 Pro Duo is running firmware 2.4. My iPhone cannot connect to the wifi on the A129. When I try, my iPhone simply says “Unable to join the network “5G-VIOFO-A129P-04ae3f”. I've reset my A129 Pro Duo to the factory default settings, so I know the password for the wifi is 12345678. I don't know if the problem is with the iPhone or the A129 Pro Duo. The video below shows what happens when I try connecting.

Some things I've tried, to no avail:

• I've tried resetting the A129 to defaults in the Settings
  • I've tried pressing and holding the Reset button on the side of the A129 for 20 seconds
  • I've tried the 2.4 GHz setting on the A129 Pro Duo
  • I've tried the 5 GHz Auto setting on the A129 Pro Duo
  • I've tried the 5 GHz CH36 setting on the A129 Pro Duo
  • I've tried the 5 GHz CH40 setting on the A129 Pro Duo
  • I've tried the 5 GHz CH161 setting on the A129 Pro Duo
  • I've tried rebooting my iPhone
  • I've tried turning on Airplane Mode on the iPhone
  • I've tried turning off Airplane Mode on the iPhone
  • I've tried turning off the "Cell Data" on the iPhone
  • I've tried in my home, where there are numerous other wifi devices around
  • I've tried in a vacant lot with NO other wifi devices around
None of the items above have made any difference. I think I've covered all the bases! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I really love this dash cam, but if I can't get the wifi to work, then I'll have to return it.

Last edited:

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

Was the Phone mobile data on when you connect the Wi-Fi of the dashcam? If it was on, please try to turn it off.

Do you have the newest version of the VIOFO app? 59 is the newest one. Please try it as well.

JGKenyon

Hello,

Was the Phone mobile data on when you connect the Wi-Fi of the dashcam? If it was on, please try to turn it off.

Do you have the newest version of the VIOFO app? 59 is the newest one. Please try it as well.
Hello,

I just tried connecting to the wifi with my iPhone's "cell data" turned off, but it made no difference. Same problem as before.

As for the VIOFO app on my iPhone, I'm not sure what version it is, but I downloaded it from the Apple App Store just a few days ago. But the problem is my iPhone is not connecting to the wifi on the A129 Pro Duo. If the phone isn't connected to the wifi on the A129, then the VIOFO app won't connect to my A129, isn't that correct?

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Did you ever use your iPhone to connect to the Wi-Fi before or change the password before?

Please go Apple app store to check if there is an updating request.

JGKenyon

Did you ever use your iPhone to connect to the Wi-Fi before or change the password before?

Please go Apple app store to check if there is an updating request.
No, I've only had the A129 Pro Duo for a few days. I tried connecting my iPhone to its wifi from the very first day, and it's never connected properly. And as I stated above, I reset my A129 Pro Duo to factory defaults, so I know the password should be 12345678. Also, you can see in my video that it shows the password is 12345678, yet my iPhone acts as if the password for connecting is incorrect.

I have checked the App Store for any updates to the VIOFO app. There are no updates available, so that would mean that I do have the latest version of the VIOFO app on my iPhone.

Capture Your Action

Have you tried with another phone or tablet to make sure it's not an issue with your phone?

JGKenyon

Have you tried with another phone or tablet to make sure it's not an issue with your phone?
That is a brilliant suggestion. I'm surprised I didn't think of that myself!

I just borrowed my roommate's iPhone 12 mini and his iPad Air and tried connecting to the A129's wifi from those devices. BOTH failed to connect as well. They both exhibited the same behavior as my own iPhone, so clearly, the fault is with the A129, and not my iPhone. Thanks!

I have already communicated with Viofo support on how to process my A129 for repair.

JGKenyon

Just a follow-up. Viofo asked me to request a replacement A129 Pro Duo from Amazon. I received the replacement a few days ago, and my iPhone can connect to the wifi on the replacement unit with no problems! :D