Customising Wifi Setings?? Change SSID?

GadgetJunkie

I'm sure I was told I could change the User SSID and Password to one of my choice , how do I do this? Is this done in the Custom Config File?

Alistair Parsons

Not that im aware of..... custom config for wifi is client settings, not SSID etc.

GadgetJunkie

The Git2 Shows on my Wifi as a GIT2?????? easily identifiable to anyone scanning the wifi network, and a standard 123456768 password isn't secure as it's easily found,
I should be able to update this with a .txt file and paste it into the Root folder or a specific folder. I have a Copy of an SJ5000 that is able to change password. It means it can't be used for CCTV, I didn't find any answers in the instructions, unless you can point me in the right direction. thank you.

Alistair Parsons

Due to the short range of the wifi, that isnt normally an issue, you would only have the wifi on for short periods unless IPCam mode, and unless used as an ipcam out in the wild, when you would need a usb battery pack, #

for ipcam use you would normally have it mains powered and connected as client to your router, in which case it couldnt be accessed unless someone could get on to your router, so fine for IPCam use

IPCam use is a recent feature, please elaborate and I will be happy to help...