Dashcam skipping footage?

alamsas

For some reason (it always has been like this but it never bothered me enough to care about it), my dashcam always skips recording for like 15-30 seconds and I can never understand when it happens. I've realized that skipping that long could cost you some good evidence if it happens to be at the right place and the right time.

Was trying to get footage last night since I was going through an intersection with other cars and the speed cam flashed but I'm pretty sure I was well under the speed but I realized my dashcam only recorded 15 seconds before crossing the intersection and the next video is right after I past it.

Does anyone else have this issue? I have the rear camera as well as parking mode always enabled but I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. Everything else is set to default as far as I know.

EDIT: UPDATE! I just bought a new 128gb Sandisk A1 sd card and recording has significantly improved and solved my issues. Shoutout to Capture Your Action for the suggestion!

Last edited:

Alistair Parsons

sounds like card error, can you adjust the video section length to something shorter?

alamsas

sounds like card error, can you adjust the video section length to something shorter?
It sounds like it based on some of the other threads I found.. How shorter do I have to put it to? Right now I believe it's at 3 minute intervals.

alamsas

Probably the card. Did you format it inside the camera before using?
I did. I believe I formatted it before the first use.. and when I had to update the firmware I think it said it would format the sd card again by itself? Should I just reformat the sd card and see if that would fix things?

Capture Your Action

You can try, but it's most likely going to be the card itself. I would try a different brand card. The SanDisk Ultra A1 (must say A1 on the card), SanDisk High Endurance and Samsung EVO Select are known compatible cards. Be sure to buy from a reputable seller to avoid counterfeit cards.

Alistair Parsons

If its only 16GB sounds like its an older card, might not be faster enough, what class speed is it, needs to be at least 10

Byteman

Hello,

my Viofo A126 Duo cam is skipping frames as well. It sometimes skips 1 or 2 seconds, sometimes up to 9 seconds.

I am using a SanDisk high endurance 128 GB micro SD U 3 XC 1 class 10 ; I formatted it on the camera.
Card was bought from Amazon.

Firmware version is 1.9

Any help appreciated,

Thanks.

Last edited: