Does not work correctly

lachie1912

I seem to have three major issues;
  1. The camera does not record continuously as it should. The central 60 minutes of a 75 minute ride was missing which is of no use to me.
  2. On a recent ride, the camera was set to 10minute loops. Initially the loops were 1 minute and varied between 1 and 2 minutes and the final segment was for 10 minutes.
  3. Some of the files are corrupted and therefore unreadable.
The firmware has been upgraded and several quality SD Cards have been formatted both by camera and computer but without success.

No response from the technical support people. has anyone got any idea how quickly they respond if indeed they do respond?

Not impressed!!!!

Capture Your Action

What cards have you tried? Make and model? I assume you tried the card that was included?

After you updated the firmware, did you manually default the cameras settings in the menu? You should also press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds. If you did not do these things, do so.

lachie1912

Thanks for your response.

I have tried the original card, a 64gb SanDisc Ultra, and a 128gb SanDisc Extreme which were formatted prior to use.

The firmware was updated twice. The camera defaulted to the original settings automatically. The manual gave no information as regards the hard reset procedure. I didn't hold down the button for as long as 5 seconds so I'll give that a try and see if that helps.

Cheers

Capture Your Action

Camera will default most settings after any firmware update, but it always a good idea to do so manually via the cameras menu to completely erase any left over values from the previous firmware. Left over values will mess with the newer firmware.
I have not looked for the hard reset button on the MT1 yet, but assume it's on the side, just like most dash cameras.

lachie1912

I've tried everything but absolutely no success. Still getting gaps where no recording has taken place and variable loop times but not the time set.

Still no response from the support people. I am really not impressed. I am now wondering how genuine the reviews were!!!!

lachie1912

I have struggled with this piece of junk for quite some time and now find that colleague of mine has the same problems with his MT 1. One wonders how the camera gets "good" reviews?