Duo IR with NON IR firmware / BEST firmware for AutoEventDetection Parking mode?

Centek15

Hey everybody.
Since few years I'm using viofo dashcams. Always with some small issues, but still working great.
Last few weeks I'm getting crazy about how newer updates works :(
I was always using firmware v1.03 with Low bitrate parking mode. It was working fine tho, but every few weeks camera was not recording and sometimes beeping, sometimes not beeping so I didn't even know that it's not recording.
But I really want to use auto event detectiond parking mode with buffered video function.
Since for the IR versions there is only ONE update with buffered video and it's v1.04 and it's NOT WORKING for me (camera is not recording for few hours, it's NOT switching to parking mode or sometimes it's even freezing and only taking out the cable helps) I'm gonna install the NON IR firmwares because anyway I do not need to use IR diodes on my dashcam.
For now I'm using the Samsung EVO plus 128GB card (I have 3 of them) but i have just ordered SanDisk EXTREME microSD card 256GB because i need more memory and EXTREME version is better then high endurance one.

I've posted this thread to ask You guys WHICH firmware is now BEST for BUFFERED Auto Event Detection parking mode ?
1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, maybe later... beta ones ? What do You think i should install as first ?
Or maybe better to test them all for few days ?
Just to answer question that you may ask:
Yes, I always format my card every month or so
Yes, after update I'm doing hard reset and default settings
My dashcam is connected to 24/7 power source in my car which gives always stable 12.4v, it's connected with original cables and lighter socket without HK3 kit.
Don't tell me to instal HK3 unit because same problem as I have are having also poeple with this HK3 unit. I don't want to spend 3h installing it just to accur same issues as I have now with v1.04 update :)

If non of updates will work 100% safe with auto event detection, I will never buy a VIOFO again, cause it was advertised with the best parking mode on the market, but for now only low bitrate mode is working fine on update v1.03 (on v1.04 it's working very bad. 30minutes long files and not switching from parking mode to drive mode after i move the car).
Waiting for your recomandations.
regards.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

There is no big difference in Auto Event Detection among those firmware versions. We can try to resolve the problem that happens when using firmware V1.03. I'd like to confirm what's the environment you always for parking. If it's a busy place, the Auto Event Detection would load the dashcam and make it doesn't work properly!

Centek15

Thanks for quick respond.
For now, firmware v1.03 works best for me but I've tried only v1.02, v1.03 and v1.04.
My car mostly is parked in medium busy place outside my house. Camera have a view on main street but this is small village, so maybe every 10-15minutes something happens in front of dashcam.

As far as I know (did read somewhere here) after firmware v2.2 there's no more BUFFERED event detection ? Or I miss understand something ?
And second quick question: which firmware for now is most stable with auto event detection?
I'm testing right now v1.03 on auto event, and since 6h working fine, but will se in couple of days.