External Mic

k1000

Hi,

It sounds like when you plug an external microphone that the video records from both source ( internal and external mic ). It would be a great option to be able to choose the audio source (both, internal only or external only) .

Good day.

Ben

Last edited by a moderator:

miyabi

Hi Ben.

Even if G3 is connected to an external microphone, built-in microphone will not be invalidated.

improve by firmware update?

miyabi

If this can not be improved, G3 may not have a bright future....

sTr3@m

I would appreciate it. I just bought a G3 + Mic to record voice and some sound of my motorbike. But i don't hear a difference. With plug in mic its a little louder but there is still the strange noise from the internal mic in the background.

I really love your products, but this is a nogo and really needs to be fixed soon.

the rest of the cam is really sweet :)

greetings from Germany

Akash

This is the worst thing about G3 Duo. All the background noise picked up by internal mic renders the audio from external mic useless, especially when i'm on my bike.

It sucks so bad!

If gitup can atleast show where internal mic in G3 Duo is, I would be happy to put some sticker or dead cat over it to muffle unwanted noise picked up by internal mic.

It should be easily possible by firmware modifications but who thought Gitup team are bunch of dumbfucks!

Dragon.Zhong

Administrator
This issue is due to hardware limitations and cannot be resolved by upgrading the software, so we and the factory plan whether there is a way to limit the work of the built-in microphone.

Dragon.Zhong

Administrator
This issue is due to hardware limitations and cannot be resolved by upgrading the software, so we and the factory plan whether there is a way to limit the work of the built-in microphone.

sshinde555

Hi What is the solution for this issue & how we should avoid it ?? haven't you guys check this issue while testing this camera at production stage ?? really got frusted because of this issue facing lots of sound issue while recording video on my bike ..using external mic...

Please help us in resolve this issue

Thanks In Advance...

sshinde555

Did anyone found way to disable the built in mic of camera ? where does it located on git 3 ?

sshinde555

Why there is no single reply here from gitup team ????? why you sell product that doesn't worked ??? request you kindly replace my git3 with git2p please....
& do keep the extra money with you .... waiting for reply from you .......hope you give this reply on priority please....

Dragon.Zhong

Administrator
Why there is no single reply here from gitup team ????? why you sell product that doesn't worked ??? request you kindly replace my git3 with git2p please....
& do keep the extra money with you .... waiting for reply from you .......hope you give this reply on priority please....
We are going to produce a new motherboard of insert microphone's switch on/off. And it would take some times for product released.

sshinde555

We are going to produce a new motherboard of insert microphone's switch on/off. And it would take some times for product released.
Then what will be the product we had ?? just 5 days before i have purchased this camera .this way all my money will be wasted.....there should be a solution for current mode;l of git3 pro which you had sold to consumers all over world wide....

Will reuest you kindly find the solution for permanently mutting onboard mic of camera....

Akash

Blessing in disguise happened for me!!

Yesterday, I accidentally dropped my g3 duo with waterproof case on on a marbled floor. Luckily there was no cracks or scratches from it.

Today on my recording I noticed that the audio was missing in the recordings. All I heard was just white noise. I guess the drop broke something serious, but guess what the audio recording works fine with external mic!!

Just what we all wanted. I am so happy right now! I can finally properly vlog with this camera!! I was thinking of skipping vlogging until I get a better camera like gopro.

so..

How to disable internal mic on Gitup G3 Duo?

I can't guarantee this technique will work for you guys, but if you wanna try this accidental fix, drop your gitup g3 duo action camera inside the waterproof case from approximately 1 meter height.

When you drop, make sure to drop it such that the sides of the camera touch the floor first. Btw, the floor was marbled.

Hope this helps you guys! XD