External Mic

gug

In my opinion it should be no difference - if it is +,-, signal - maybe two cable for one mic is enough - so I am not sure if the cables are really for the mic

it should be "bomb squad" test - cut the red cable.......tic tac tic tac tic tac....

Luch

In my opinion it should be no difference - if it is +,-, signal - maybe two cable for one mic is enough - so I am not sure if the cables are really for the mic

it should be "bomb squad" test - cut the red cable.......tic tac tic tac tic tac....
Hello

I cut the black wire and it works.
Internal microphone disabled

Luch

jake

HI, this textboard from "5chan"(it was 2ch) is talking about G3.
https://matsuri.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/vcamera/1515235462/ (it's Japanese language)

And "the rumor" says, "gitup fixed the external microphone issue, so you can buy it now." "some bad seller is mixing old edition, but new one is OK."
It seems not updated information from Mar 22, here.
Can I get any new information please?

dineshkumardora

Hello friends, any update on this? Will we get any fix for this problem? I think i wasted my money on this camera and the external mic i purchased for motovlogging. It would have been better if i would have gone with GoPro which is bit pricey than these but offers noise cancellation and reliability.
Does someone have any picture where we can see from where the Gitup internal mic is picking the audio from, so that we can block it through some tape or something?

dineshkumardora

We are going to produce a new motherboard of insert microphone's switch on/off. And it would take some times for product released.
Hello dragon zhong, please think from customer perspective who had already purchased the old product with mic issue.
Is there any workaround through which we can atleast stop or reduce the internal mic's recording.

Its appreciable that you guys came up with a new motherboard fix but we dont have money to purchase the new model and throwing the just purchased item.

There should be some easy workaround. Please suggest.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Currently the only solution to disable the internal MIC is to remove it.

You can open the front panel to check it, no screws.

dineshkumardora

Can you make a video of opening the G3 cam and post it on youtube or somewhere? I am not really sure how to open the camera as there are no screws or anything. And i dont want to damage the cam in the process. If its easy for you then please make a video to demonstrate doing this. Thanks.

Luch

Can you make a video of opening the G3 cam and post it on youtube or somewhere? I am not really sure how to open the camera as there are no screws or anything. And i dont want to damage the cam in the process. If its easy for you then please make a video to demonstrate doing this. Thanks.
Hello,

No need to heat the front of the camera

red wire = microphone power supply
black wire = Ground
white wire = audio signal

You have to cut the black wire to turn off the microphone

Attachments

Stehamp

I was almost ready to purchase the gitup g3 duo but these issues that you are discussing with the external stereo sound is putting me off.

I'm new to these types of action camera, how good is the internal mic in the outdoors? I'm planning to use it for hikes, would wind noise drown out any other background noise? Would an external mic with a sock give me ok sound with the current gitup g3 duo? Or am I best holding fire until they fix the issue? Thanks Steven

Mesa9

I'm new to these types of action camera, how good is the internal mic in the outdoors? I'm planning to use it for hikes, would wind noise drown out any other background noise? Would an external mic with a sock give me ok sound with the current gitup g3 duo? Or am I best holding fire until they fix the issue? Thanks Steven
All of my riding videos to date use the internal microphone. The cam is mounted on my chin, in the wind, or on my chest. It is in the case, and the side of the case where the connectors are is cut out. So this lets in more sound than if the case was still waterproof. The mic gain is set on High for the most part, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTICZYEVIZLHZFXjr7XmnC2-JCOLmyP-J

I don't say much but occasionally you can hear others speak. The sound(s) of the moto(s) are audible but not overwhelming.

Hope this helps. I am thinking about disabling the internal mic and using only the external mic,

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
It require user to disable the internal MIC.

dineshkumardora

It require user to disable the internal MIC.
You mean by cutting the black wire of mic? Just curious to know, why did the team implemented this design of connecting both internal and external mic? What was the thought behind this ? why it was not caught in testing? What are the plans for Gitup 4?