[Feature request]: Turn off parking motion detection

sdxc

Dear Viofo,

I bought an A129 dashcam because it was recommended by a lot of people on reddit. I actually went for the mid-range A129 DUO. I haven't installed it yet, but I have been playing around with the settings a bit. I've also ordered the HK3 hardwiring kit that I plan to use in the parking mode.

Anyway, I do have a request for a feature. I've checked the camera settings a little and I noticed that there were some useful settings missing. One of the parking mode options is to initiate recording when triggered by an event. I found two events that can be configured separately - the G-Sensor and Parking Motion Detection. Now, since my parking spot is right next to a road, I do not wish the camera to trigger each time a car drives by or a pedestrian walks by. I would like to be able to choose which events will trigger the recorder. Currently you can only set the sensitivity for the motion detection and the g-sensor, but there is no way to turn either one off.

Personally I would like to disable parking motion detection completely and only use the g-sensor to trigger the recording. Please consider adding options to disable motion detection (and optionally also the g-sensor) in parking mode so that users can choose which events will trigger the recording.

My firmware version is A129:V1.9 Build: 20190711

Thanks in advance!

Attachments