Git2 64GB CARD exFAT?

Running Man

Before my Git2 purchase, I read Git2 Pro Box states Up to 128GB capacity supported...

I bought 2 x Kingston microsd cards. (1 x 32 GB + 1 X 64 GB)

When I place the new 64GB card in the camera the Led displays: Cluster size wrong please format.

Q. Should I format using the camera / or format using a PC, when I place the 64GB card in my PC I get the words exFAT which is also confusing me.

Any help would be great...

Scott

Running Man, go ahead and format your new card in the camera. That's the best way to ensure compatibility. Formatting will of course erase the card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sp00n

Note that Windows doesn't support formatting sd cards larger than 32GB with FAT32 and will only offer exFAT - which in turn isn't supported by the camera. So you'll either have to format in the camera, or use a third party application like HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool or Fat32Formatter.

Also, the camera splitting longer recordings into 4GB file chunks is actually a direct consequence of said FAT32 file system. It simply doesn't support any files larger than that (exFAT would, but Microsoft holds a couple of patents for that).

Smartin

@Kasai: Yes, format it in the camera. Yes, you will have this option too. Got to the main menu in screen 3 you will find the formatting function.

Running Man

Thanks Smartin, I was just about to answer about going into settings on the camera to find the formatting option...