Git2 is now losing time & date with battery change

Joseph Farrugia

My beloved Git2 is now losing time & date with battery change.

It was OK up till a few days ago; I would change battery immediately, time & date remain updated.

Now time & date are reset after an immediate battery change (Ie: change battery in a few seconds).

I've tried re-installing Firmware 1.6, even connected camera to computer (maybe to charge a capacitor?) but to no avail.

Any ideas?

It is difficult to keep setting time & date every time I change battery; I use it on my bicycle.

This a deal breaker for me if I don't solve it, if not solved I can't recommend the camera as having the correct time & date in camera is crucially important to me, & having to set it every time (I change batteries 2 or 3 times a day) is a deal breaker.

No impact damage, always using the waterproof case.

Smartin

This is a kown issue of the Git2.
You can search about this in Youtube, there is a problem solving video.
Otherwise you have to send it back.
I did so, and got back the repaired cam a view weeks later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph Farrugia

Thanks for the reply.

Just to be clear, even for other users who may read this thread: the video you posted does not include a solution to the problem, just the disassembly of the camera, right?

So you eventually send it directly to Gitup? I bought it off Amazon UK last February, I'm wondering if I could do the same.

Thanks again for taking time to reply.

tryagain

Administrator
Website
www.facebook.com
My beloved Git2 is now losing time & date with battery change.

It was OK up till a few days ago; I would change battery immediately, time & date remain updated.

Now time & date are reset after an immediate battery change (Ie: change battery in a few seconds).

I've tried re-installing Firmware 1.6, even connected camera to computer (maybe to charge a capacitor?) but to no avail.

Any ideas?

It is difficult to keep setting time & date every time I change battery; I use it on my bicycle.

This a deal breaker for me if I don't solve it, if not solved I can't recommend the camera as having the correct time & date in camera is crucially important to me, & having to set it every time (I change batteries 2 or 3 times a day) is a deal breaker.

No impact damage, always using the waterproof case.
Here is a solution provided by @TechTronic9000
Pop open the front cover (4 screws) and look on the PCB, in a corner you will find a small watch like battery that is sloderd to the PCB (it's actually a mini capacitor). Beside it it's a screw that 99.9% is touching the battery. Either remove the screw entirely or try EXTREMELY GENTLE to pus the battery so that it does not touch the screw.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/git-2-battery-drain.19066/

Aiden

I tried to remove the screw but nothing changed. I think my time&date battery is dead.
Any idea for a spare battery?