Git2 Lens Hood?

Bob Reed

I am noticing a lot of lens flare when shooting in very bright, high contrast conditions. Is there a lens hood that will fit the standard lens on a Git2?

ConwayBob

Why wait for someone to make an official GitUp Git-2 lens shade accessory when you can make one on your own. Just slug down a bottled water while you carve out the screw cap. Actually, after you made the rough cuts in the cap it's better to finish off the water & screw the cap back on the bottle while you take a knife blade to it's innards.
Took me all of 5 minutes to carve out one that fits perfectly. Here's some photos of the finished product.
View media item 12
View media item 15View media item 16

stefpix

That hood is very expensive to ship outside of the Netherlands. I noticed the Git2 is very prone to flare, I did a bike rid at 1pm with sun high up and I would often get a large red flare in the center of the image that is very distracting.

It would be great if GitUp would make a correctly fitting appropriate small lens hood.

I may order one for the GoPro 3 but I wonder if it may be loose or too tight.

Some hoods are made in bright colors or white, which is not ideal as it may introduce color casts and reflections.
hoods should be matt black