Git2 Set Up For Dash Cam In A Passener Car

Tim Arnold

I have 3 issues with setting up the camera as a dash cam in my Hyndai Santa Fe. I understand that the camera can only take 5v DC My car has 3 possible connections: 12 volt via cigarette lighter. A USB port that can charge phones and iPad, a 3.5mm jack for audio in. With my other cameras, Mobius, Runcam, all I need to do is connect to the car via the USB and the cameras immediately power up and start recording on a loop. I expected the Git2 to do the same when it was set to Dash Cam Mode. However when it is connected to the USB and the ignition is turned on the camera powers up and I get the screen that asks me to choose between PC Cam and Mass Storage. Thats it. I can see a lens view behind the splash screen but the camera is not recording. If I try and de select the options the camera turns off. The same happens if I connect to the PC or Laptop via the USB cable.
I then tried to power from the 12vDC outlet by using a Buck dropping the volts to 5v DC to USB but the same thing happens.
What use is a Dash Cam that will not connect to the USB socket in the vehicle or exterior power supply.
Is there yet another cable to buy or a workaround for this function?

Tim Arnold

Another issue with dash cam mode: Is the rear monitor live or not? If not can it be turned on to show what is being recorded?

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
We thought this is happened if used a USB data cable instead of charging cable.
Have you solved the issue?