Git2 wrong recording after battery change

Timothy

Hello, i have problem with my Git2 camera (also with latest firmware 1.5). When I want record a video (1080P60) with length about 90 minutes, i have to change battery during recording (approximately after 60 minutes). But after this battery change my camera records only one video (size 3.99 GB, length 20:18). After that Git2 stops recording and then turns off (Auto power off after 1 minute). Remaining 10 minutes of the video isn't recorded.

Actually, when length of the video after battery change doesn't reach it's max length (20:18) this video is losted too.

I stop the recording correctly before battery change and at the end of recording too. My microSD card is 32GB Kingston UHS.

Can anyone help me please? Thanks

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
What do you mean remaining 10 minutes of the video isn't recorded?
Do you mind try the loop recording?

Timothy

Thanks for response. I mean that my first plan is to record 90 minutes of video (we play hockey every week). But my camera always records only 80 minutes (60 minutes before battery change + 20 after battery change and then stops recording and turns off).

Another example: when I want to record only 70 minutes of video, I have to change battery after 60 minutes like in first example. After battery change it seems that camera is recording (red light blinks). But when I stop the recording after 10 minutes and check the SD card I found only 60 minutes of recording. 10 minutes of video recorded after battery change is lost.

So I think, that Git2 (with firmware 1.5) has any problem in it's software and after battery change it can save only one video and only when this video reaches max size of one video part (3,99 GB). With firmware 1.3 I had similar problem but camera didn't stop after first 3,99 GB of video recorded after battery change and continuing in recording. But next videos was saved only when they reached full size 3,99 GB.

If you want you can check this problem on your Git2. After battery change you can try to record video with length of 10 minutes. My setting is: 1080P, 60 FPS, Loop off, Audio level medium, Date stamp ON, Time lapse OFF, Video snapshot off, White balance AUTO, Menu button function OFF, EV +0.0, Shutter AUTO, ISO AUTO, Color Normal, Contrast Normal, Gyro ON, HDR ON, Slow motion off, Sharpness normal, Metering average, FOV wide angle, Video bitrate medium, Motion detection OFF, G-sensor OFF. System settings: Quick capture OFF, Beep OFF, OSD ON, Car mode OFF, Custom text OFF, LED all OFF, Screen auto sleep 15 sec., Auto power off 1 minute, Frequency 50 Hz, TV mode PAL, Wifi mode AP, Wifi autostart OFF, RC operation standard, USB mode mass storage. My microSD card is 32GB Kingston UHS. Firmware 1.5.

I will try Loop mode next time.

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
Have you done any testing with the micro SD card, is it real a 32GB card? I don't think this is related to the battery change.

Timothy

Yes my microSD card is original Kingston 32 GB. In Windows it is showing 29,1 GB of free space when formatted. I successfully save 26 GB of data on it.

Timothy

Not yet, but according to changelog I don't think that this problem was repaired. I have this problem from firmware 1.3. But thanks, i will try and send result

Ni3mand

If that wont work with the new firmware I think u should get another MicroSD card

Timothy

I successfully recorded full video with the new firmware 1.6. It seems to be solved. Thanks