Git2P dropping frame rate at low light

matthew0

Is there a firmware for Git2P that prevents frame rate drop on low light conditions? I've got GIT2P_V1.0_0328 with Auto ISO and Auto Shutter. With 1080p60fps and low light I have 30 unique frames per second. I also tried GIT2PS_V1.0_0328 but with no luck. Surprisingly, setting ISO to 800 and Shutter to 1/120 gives true 60fps footage at the same light conditions with only a little bit of underexposure.

Edit: I forgot to add that i have 170° version.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMVideo

I agree with you, Git2 has fixed frame drop in 1.6 firmware.
So, we are waiting for the same fix for Git2P...

matthew0

@gitup do you take this problem into consideration while working on new version of firmware? Is it known when you will release the new version?

Swin He

@gitup do you take this problem into consideration while working on new version of firmware? Is it known when you will release the new version?
We will take it into consideration. The Git3 Dual will be released at the end of May but only in pilot run.

Swin He

Is there a firmware for Git2P that prevents frame rate drop on low light conditions? I've got GIT2P_V1.0_0328 with Auto ISO and Auto Shutter. With 1080p60fps and low light I have 30 unique frames per second. I also tried GIT2PS_V1.0_0328 but with no luck. Surprisingly, setting ISO to 800 and Shutter to 1/120 gives true 60fps footage at the same light conditions with only a little bit of underexposure.

Edit: I forgot to add that i have 170° version.
We are consider to change it..But It will consume more power if there is no frame rate drop.

matthew0

The Git3 Dual will be released at the end of May but only in pilot run.
I'm sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I meant the date of releasing new version of firmware for Git2P 170°.

We are consider to change it..But It will consume more power if there is no frame rate drop.
Personally, that would be fine with me. I noticed that frame drop occurs not only in interiors, but also outside with - I would say - rather good lighting.

Please find below frames from clips that I recently made with Git2P 170°. In this three scenes Git2P decided to drop framerate. Two of them are cropped due to private content.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lteguitar

Hey there!
I'm also very interested in new version of firmware with fix for this issue. Can you please tell us release date? For me is not comfortable to watch 1080p60 videos from git2p due to frame rate dropping . It annoys as much as playing in game with terrible lags.
Thank you in advance.

tryagain

Administrator
Website
www.facebook.com