GITUP G3 DUO PROBLEMS

dineshkumardora

Hello friends,

I recently purchased the Gitup G3 duo and got bitten by 2 major problems:
1) External Mic Issue: Even whene you connect an external mic to the camera, the camera picks up audio from both Internal & External. So it serves no purpose for motovlogging. Upon further research got to kno that this is a hardware issue and cant be fixed by software updates. Well if this is the problem, then dont GITUP tests their products before releasing. On top of that, they market it also as a USP for this camera. Will we get any fix for this problem? I think i wasted my money on this camera and the external mic i purchased for motovlogging. It would have been better if i would have gone with GoPro which is bit pricey than these but offers noise cancellation and reliability.
Does someone have any picture where we can see from where the Gitup internal mic is picking the audio from, so that we can block it through some tape or something?

2) Andorid APP wifi connectivity: If you connect the camera with the app through wifi, you can only use the camera through the controls available in the app, NOT through the buttons on the camera. The camera hardware buttons will get disabled the moment you connect it to the phone via wifi. This is very bad. If iam riding a bike and my phone is in my pockets and i wanted to start the recording while riding, then i cant do so because the buttons are disabled. I need to stop, take out the phone and then hit the record button on the app to make it work. Any fix for this?

Thanks,
Please respond.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
1. Currently to disable the internal MIC, require to disable or remove the mic on PCB.
2. We will update the firmware to support this, enable the shutter button on camera while Wi-Fi connected.

dineshkumardora

1. Currently to disable the internal MIC, require to disable or remove the mic on PCB.
2. We will update the firmware to support this, enable the shutter button on camera while Wi-Fi connected.
Hi, thanks for the response. The 2nd soln is good and i will wait for the fw update.
For the 1st one, can we have a option to disable the mic itself.

dineshkumardora

Hi Gitup team,
I tested your beta_v20 firmware with the wifi shutter button fix. Yes, the feature works without any problem. But one problem i noticed is that the live feed from the camera to the mobile app is kind of disturbed and pixeleted. If you watch the live feed from the camera in the app, you can see lot of noise and pixeleted video in the app. However the actual footage on the card doesn't have these issue.
I noticed that the bluetooth feature is also enabled, is that a sign that soon the gitup remote is going to launch :)
Also please post any new features that the team is working on the new firmware. Hope the official v20 will be released soon.
Waiting for your reply.
Thanks.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
The live view screen on phone is low resolution, we can improve it in future version.

Alistair Parsons

The Git2 has the same low quality rtsp issue which the fixed with firmware update, Its great that it will be increased for G3 as well, I use the rtsp stream a lot for fake FPV with RC car

snorkel12068

One solution to the microphone issue would be to open the front cover and cut the black wire to the internal mic. Not ideal but would work.
I use mine on a Kayak and am contemplating doing this. The problem is when using a external mic with a dead cat wind filter, the internal mic still picks up the nasty wind noise, even if covered with tape.

Gitup, please fix the external microphone issue, even if it means a new motherboard. and while at it could you not move the external mic support to the second USB port? Then we would not need any cable adapters.

The biggest frustration with all of your cams is the hassle to use a external mic and external power source at the same time.

dineshkumardora

One solution to the microphone issue would be to open the front cover and cut the black wire to the internal mic. Not ideal but would work.
I use mine on a Kayak and am contemplating doing this. The problem is when using a external mic with a dead cat wind filter, the internal mic still picks up the nasty wind noise, even if covered with tape.

Gitup, please fix the external microphone issue, even if it means a new motherboard. and while at it could you not move the external mic support to the second USB port? Then we would not need any cable adapters.

The biggest frustration with all of your cams is the hassle to use a external mic and external power source at the same time.
Can you make a video of opening the G3 cam and post it on youtube or somewhere? I am not really sure how to open the camera as there are no screws or anything. And i dont want to damage the cam in the process. If its easy for you then please make a video to demonstrate doing this. Thanks.

snorkel12068

I am probably not even going to bother, I am extremely disappointed with the G3, the audio in general even with the external mic is horrible.
Git2 and Git2p far superior and the git2 disables the internal mic when using the external.....

dineshkumardora

I had recently updated my Gitup app to v1.7 on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 9 - Android 9) and its not able to connect to camera over wifi.
Whenever iam opening the app, its asking me to connect to the camera -> then after i select the Gitup WiFi Network and pressing back it again comes to the homescreen
-> again asks me to connect to camera...And the same process goes on and on and on in cycle.

I tested the app v1.6 on Android 7.1.1 on my OnePlus one and there it seems to connect to camera. The app v1.7 still didn't work for me in android 7.1.1 though.
Please look into this and provide an app update at the earliest, as i am unable to use the WiFi feature.

No VPN is enabled on my phone, no mobile data. I am using Gitup Git 3 duo camera with latest firmware.

I am currently very very disappointed by my purchase of Git 3 duo camera. As a motovlogger already 2 of the major functionality are of no use i.e. 1) Ext MIC issue 2) And now the Gitup app is not working so, this makes it completely impossible for me to adjust the camera angle after fixing this on my helmet.

As a company, tell me what am i suppose to do with this camera, if i cant use it. Neither it records the voice properly through ext mic NOR it lets me adjust the camera angle through Wifi using the Gitup app.

Please provide a fix at the earliest. Currently its sitting as a paper weight on my desk as i cant use it. If this continues like this then i am sure that neither me nor my youtube subscribers will ever buy this camera.

Thanks for the response anyways.

PLEASE FIX IT.
thanks