GPS Module Power Issues and Buzz

eaglezz11

Hi,

Recently, I noticed that my A129 Pro Duo won't turn on properly when the power is connected through the GPS module. The red recording light comes on for a second, and then there's nothing.

When I plug the power into the side instead, it works, but there's a high-pitched buzz that is annoying, and is audible on recorded video.

The camera is hardwired into my car's fuse box.

Here is a video of it running. You can hear the buzz if you turn your audio up:

What do you guys suggest for these two issues?

eaglezz11

It is likely the connection on the back of the camera and not the GPS mount. If you have a multimeter, test for 5V on the GPS pins.
It only reads between 1-2V. Reckon not enough power is getting through the cable? The reading from the fuse taps is 12.56v, so definitely fine on that side.

I just plugged the cigarette port thing in, and when plugged into the GPS module, it read between 0-0.1V... I also plugged it directly into the camera and no noise anymore, so it seems like I may have 2 problems: The module, and the hardwire kit...

Capture Your Action

Be sure you are measuring the correct pins as the pin for the yellow wire is usually lower than the pin for the red wire.

eaglezz11

Be sure you are measuring the correct pins as the pin for the yellow wire is usually lower than the pin for the red wire.
Yup, I definitely measured the pins that you pointed out. Should I contact the stores I bought the dash cam and kit from? Or are there more diagnostics to be done?