Hard Wired Kit for BMW

Alshamal

Hi All just trying to install a hardware kit for my new A129 Duo into my BMW struggling to find a connection for the ACC cable due to this Cambus system!

Anyone had similar problems?

Any help suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers

benkar

Hi All just trying to install a hardware kit for my new A129 Duo into my BMW struggling to find a connection for the ACC cable due to this Cambus system!

Anyone had similar problems?

Any help suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers
If you have a Circuit Fuse Tap (https://www.viofo.com/accessories/84-4pcs-circuit-fuse-tap-atc-ats-micro2-mini-adapter-holder.html ), just plug the yellow cable into the ACC fuse. I have it connected to "S-contact" - it is without power when the ignition key is removed. Connect the red wire to a fixed 12V and black to ground.

Attachments

Frank McLeod

I suggest you might find which of the legs of the fuse slot is 'current in' as opposed to 'current out'. Using a multi meter, with the neg to the chassis, you will find that one pole is active and the other is not when checking which fuse slot to use with a fuse tap. Fuse taps have an 'in' and an 'out'. If you get it wrong, the system will work but the two fuses will be in series so that if the prinmary fuse blows, the camera will fail. If you get it right, both will work and fail independently.
At least that is what I think but I am not a auto electrician.

Alshamal

Yes, it's exactly how you write. It is necessary to measure the fuse "in" and "out". View attachment 424
All sorted now works fine!took it to someone who new what he was talking about!The first so called Auto Electrion put both power cables together in the light cluster above the screen! Joke.
Thanks for your quick response!
Cheers