How Long Can Car Battery Power A129 Pro Duo in Parking Mode?

AndroidREM

Would like to know how the different Parking Modes drain a battery. Anyone have a link or info?

Capture Your Action

There is minimal difference between the parking mode power usage. Wouldn’t worry about it unless your battery is weak.

AndroidREM

There is minimal difference between the parking mode power usage. Wouldn’t worry about it unless your battery is weak.
Your response tells me nothing.

I am looking for info on how long a battery will power the A129 - 1 day, 2 days .... 7 days.

benkar

Your response tells me nothing.

I am looking for info on how long a battery will power the A129 - 1 day, 2 days .... 7 days.
The battery will power the camera until the voltage drops below the set threshold. I doubt anyone has measured it. The car is usually driven and therefore the battery recharges. If you are interested in continuous operation of the camera in the parking mode of a parked car, you can try it yourself.

Capture Your Action

Would like to know how the different Parking Modes drain a battery. Anyone have a link or info?
I was answering this question. Difference between them is negligible. You will find more specific numbers over on DashCamTalk.com, though I'm not sure if anyone has tested the Pro yet.

AndroidREM

Thanks, but no power consumption info on DashCamTalk.

I am looking for the amps/hour power consumption. With that I can calculate how long the battery can power the unit.

Capture Your Action

Thanks, but no power consumption info on DashCamTalk.

I am looking for the amps/hour power consumption. With that I can calculate how long the battery can power the unit.
Asking in DashCamTalk will probably yield you your answer. Plenty of A129 Pro users over there who could probably tell you or test it.

AndroidREM

Asking in DashCamTalk will probably yield you your answer. Plenty of A129 Pro users over there who could probably tell you or test it.
Thanks - a user said that he ran some tests - battery lasts 18 - 24 hours in parking mode at which point it is at the 11.8 V cutoff (so my hope of leaving parking mode on during 1 week trip is not going to work)

The user also has some suggestions to extend the Parking Mode to 48+ hours.

TL;DR - 3-4 yr old car battery can power A129 Pro for 18 - 24 hours using 3 wire harness.

Paul's Dashcam

Website
www.pauliddon.co.uk
Thanks - a user said that he ran some tests - battery lasts 18 - 24 hours in parking mode at which point it is at the 11.8 V cutoff (so my hope of leaving parking mode on during 1 week trip is not going to work)

The user also has some suggestions to extend the Parking Mode to 48+ hours.

TL;DR - 3-4 yr old car battery can power A129 Pro for 18 - 24 hours using 3 wire harness.

Isn't that for the A129 Duo?

You asked about the "Pro Duo" - it may well be different.

AndroidREM

Isn't that for the A129 Duo?

You asked about the "Pro Duo" - it may well be different.
Yes, that was for the Duo.

Here is the power consumption for A129 Duo Pro that Viofo sent me this morning:

The power consumption of normal recording is about 5W.

The power consumption of the parking mode is about 3.8W, the power consumption of parking mode - Time Lapse will be a little less, it is about 3.6w.

jeff000

I've had parking mode run for 4-5 days. The memory card was full and clips overwritten.

This was before my drained battery problem surfaced.