How many hours does 64GB record?

Edward

I'm using A129 plus duo on the highest resolution and I will upgrade to 64 GB, is there a table issued by VIOFO for such information?

Capture Your Action

You need to add the bitrates from both the front and rear cameras and input that number into the bitrate on the calculator. If the front bitrate is 25Mbps and the rear is 19Mbps (These numbers are based on a review), then the total recording time would be only 3.3 hours on a 64GB card. That's front and rear combined.

Edward

You need to add the bitrates from both the front and rear cameras and input that number into the bitrate on the calculator. If the front bitrate is 25Mbps and the rear is 19Mbps (These numbers are based on a review), then the total recording time would be only 3.3 hours on a 64GB card. That's front and rear combined.
Thanks!

What about the bitrate setting in the menu where you choose between low, medium, or high? Is that relevant?

Capture Your Action

Yes, I think the numbers I used were for the medium bitrate setting. If you use high bitrate, you will get even less time.

Capture Your Action

How can I calculate the recording time if the dash cam is hardwired?

If your gonna use parking mode, then you'll need to do a second calculation for that since those files will likely be smaller (different bitrate, depending on mode).

Last edited:

Capture Your Action

Edited the post as it should have read "second calculation" not "seconds calculation". Parking mode files are generally smaller in size (due to bitrate size), so you would need to see what the bitrate is for those files and plug that into the calculator.