Just got replacement A139 with V1.5 firmware with geofencing.....

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Sounds good. I appreciate your asking an engineer and will keep my fingers crossed they'll have a solution.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help isolate the problem.

Thanks again,

Steve
We made a beta app to fix the problem of settings not preserving. If you'd like to try, I can message you the app.

Steve23918

OK, sounds good. I was hoping it wasn't a problem with my camera.

Thanks for the info.

Steve

Steve23918

Wow, that was a quick fix!

Yes I'd like to give the beta app a try. Please send the message with the app.

Thank you,

Steve

MisterJack

I'd like to try a beta version of the app (I'm on iOS too). I'm facing the same problem Steve mentioned, geofence setting doesn't get saved and is set back to off every time I open the app.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hi Jack,

Sorry forgot to update. We found it's not an app issue, a firmware issue instead. And the Parking Recording Geofencing is still a beta function. We'll work on the firmware to improve it. I'll keep you informed when the final firmware is done.

MisterJack

Just to make sure we're all on the same page, do you plan to release another beta firmware with the fix so we can test it?

Thanks!

Nai

Sorry for the inconvenience caused! Please wait for a while. I'll ask the engineer about this problem and see how can resolve it!
I have exactly the same issue with Geofencing. Tried all your suggestions but wont stay on.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
I have exactly the same issue with Geofencing. Tried all your suggestions but wont stay on.
Hello,
The Parking Recording Geofencing is a beta firmware so far. It may doesn't work on a certain phone model. I'll report this issue to the engineer. Thanks for your feedback!

Steve23918

Hello,
The Parking Recording Geofencing is a beta firmware so far. It may doesn't work on a certain phone model. I'll report this issue to the engineer. Thanks for your feedback!
Is geofencing working with android based phones?

Thanks,

Steve

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hi Steve,

As the engineer is working on other urgent programs now. There would be a delay on Parking Recording Geofencing. Expect your understanding!

Steve23918

Hi Steve,

As the engineer is working on other urgent programs now. There would be a delay on Parking Recording Geofencing. Expect your understanding!
Hi:

It appears I didn't state my question very well.

I wasn't asking for an engineer to make any changes, although as a Viofo customer and owner of an A139, I think such a request should have been completely valid.

My question was in response to your post wherein you said "It may doesn't work on a certain phone model.".

I was simply asking if Geofencing is working on android phones with the current Viofo app and firmware.

Thanks,

Steve

aermolenko

I confirm. The geofencing installation does not work on firmware v1.6 dated December 27, 2021. Everything is the same. You go into the settings, turn on the geofencing switch, a window appears, disappears and it is turned on, the switch. But once you exit the settings and go there again, the geofencing switch is turned off again. Tried it with two devices: 1. Xiaomi POCO X3 NFC, Android 11 (MIUI 12.5.4); 2. Car head unit with Android 10 based on FYT 6315 platform with UIS7862 processor.

Vincent2255

Hi:

It appears I didn't state my question very well.

I wasn't asking for an engineer to make any changes, although as a Viofo customer and owner of an A139, I think such a request should have been completely valid.

My question was in response to your post wherein you said "It may doesn't work on a certain phone model.".

I was simply asking if Geofencing is working on android phones with the current Viofo app and firmware.

Thanks,

Steve
Hey Steve I'm on android too(galaxy note 20) and have the exact same issue where the geofencing setting isn't saving. From what I read from the support reps response, it may just be an issue with the device or firmware. I'm hoping they can get this fixed soon. I'm glad though that we can atleast turn off the camera manually now when the camera is in parking mode.

Harry M

A139 Explanation of setting for 1.6 firmware on my android phone

Steve23918

Hey Steve I'm on android too(galaxy note 20) and have the exact same issue where the geofencing setting isn't saving. From what I read from the support reps response, it may just be an issue with the device or firmware. I'm hoping they can get this fixed soon. I'm glad though that we can atleast turn off the camera manually now when the camera is in parking mode.
Thanks for the info. I also turn my camera off manually when parking at home, being able to do that gets a big thumbs up. I second the hope they get the geofencing working for both Android and iPhones soon.

Steve

Steve23918

Hi Steve,

Good afternoon, hope everyone's doing well.

Just thought I'd check to see if Viofo has any word on what's happening with geofencing; it's been over two months since your last post.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve23918

Hi Steve,

Just wanted to check in. Has Viofo abandoned this thread? The last response from Viofo was Jan 3, 2022, over seven months ago.

Thanks,

Steve