Keeps turning off

LSwifty

Hi, my Gitup Git2 is 10 months old, in this time it has worked flawlessly. I use the camera purely as a dash cam. All of a sudden my camera has developed a problem it keeps turning itself off even when I'm using a USB cable to charge and record at the same time. Also when it turns itself off the camera resets the date and time but all the other settings that have been altered are still set, just the date and time that resets it self. The date and time does not bother me it's the fact it just decides to randomly turn off for no reason. I have made sure the Mirco SD card is in properly, also checked the battery is in properly. I have updated to the latest Firmware and reset to factory default but the issue is still happening randomly and very frequent. I now beleive this must be a hardware issues that has developed with my camera? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I love this camera for a dashcam but doesn't serve its purpose anymore if it turns itself off

Alistair Parsons

I get the same problem occasionally, just goes in to charge mode, i have to just reach over and turn back on. as the screen goes white with the charging lcd image its quite easy to see. Im not sure whether it loses time and date, that could be a capacitor issue, where did you buy it from?