Live Video Source Issue

JD58

Is there a reason I can't use the overlay option on my A129? I'm installing the rear camera and would like to be able to see if I'm aiming it correctly. I have the resolution set to 1920 and 30fps and everything is connected. Thanks!

JD58

Actually it isn't even recognizing the rear camera.

Capture Your Action

Double check the rear cable connections. Turn off WiFi. Make sure you power the camera with the included 12V car adapter.

JD58

Thanks for the response. I double-checked all of that—still no luck.

Capture Your Action

Your not using any USB adapters or extension cables on the rear cable correct?
Did you route the rear cable up along the roofline or down along the floor?

JD58

I'm only using what came in the box. A single cable marked for the rear camera. I haven't yet routed any cables as I'm trying to determine the final position of the camera.

Capture Your Action

I'm only using what came in the box. A single cable marked for the rear camera. I haven't yet routed any cables as I'm trying to determine the final position of the camera.
So your making these connections in your house? If so, are you powering with a USB wall charger that supplies at least 1A?

JD58

No--I'm in my car using the cigarette lighter attachment and the ignition on. The car is a 2016 Ford C-Max Energi. Neither camera is attached to the windscreens yet. I wanted to use the PIP of the rear camera on the front camera screen in order to position the rear correctly. Wifi is off. The usb is plugged into the GPS. I tried plugging power directly into the camera but to no avail. The front camera works just fine--it just doesn't seem to recognize the rear camera.

Capture Your Action

I would try using a USB wall charger in your house. Be sure it supplies at least 1A. Also try without a memory card inserted. I would also try reinstalling the firmware. If nothing works, you may have a bad rear cable or rear camera. Try wiggling the rear cable around to see if maybe there is a bad connection inside the cable.

JD58

None of that worked. What I did do was reformat the card and then the rear camera worked! Not sure how those two are related but it works.
Thanks for your responses--they were greatly appreciated.