Motion Detection Not Working (SOLVED!)

Miguel Meléndez

Hello. I'm Miguel, from Chile. After 3 months waiting, finally arrieved my Gitup Git2 from China (to Chile!)

I'ts a shame to me that my camera is not working very well. I've turned on "Motion detection" and it doesn't work. After press "on" (on motion detection), then I press Menu button to back to record mode, BUT the camera starts to recording automatically, even if there's not movements, just after press menu button. Then I stop the record and make some movement in front of the camera and it doesnt' start to record. So motion is not detected... I don't know how to set "motion detection on" and back to record mode whitout press menu button

Another thing: If I put Gyro On and I don't do movementes (in front the lens), Gyro symbol stays white. If I do some movement in front of the cam, Gyro symbol turns orange. That's all, Motion detection doesn't work (I've tried with gyro off too, and nothnig...)

I have latest firmaware, even tried the Beta version, and nothing happen. I tried different configurations and nothing. I tried Factorty settings and nothing. I can' t do my cam works like a security cam, because motion detection doesn't work.

It's not easy and fast to me buy a new camera. I waited 3 month for it and it's not working properlly.

I need some advice. What can I do?

Help me , please.

Thank you all very much!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alistair Parsons

Pressing stop takes it out of motion detection so it wont start again.

motion video recording stops itself using the timeout setting, set it to a lower value and you should see.

gyro is for adjusting the video when the camera is moving to make it smoother and less jumpy
motion recording starts video recording if motion, but is really meant for the camera being in one place.

pressing menu can be enough to trigger motion recording.

Miguel Meléndez

Yes, I know how Gyro works. Maybe I explained it wrong (sorry, I'm not a native english speaker)

I'll try time out setting as you say

I'll let you know any news

Thanks!

Alistair Parsons

what I meant is normally you wouldnt have a need to use motion detection and gyro at same time, unless when the camaera realises its being moved it starts recording, as opposed to seeing a subject move.

motion detection is a big battery drain as well, so normally used on usb power.

Miguel Meléndez

I suspected It started to recording because cam move a little bit after press menu button (to back to record mode) so i put it on a tripode and I think it's rigth. So I have a question: You said "motion video recording stops itself using the timeout setting". Where is "timeout" option? I can't find it. Thank you very much!

Alistair Parsons

In the main system settings, auto poweroff time should also be used for stopping recording after motion detection

Miguel Meléndez

SOLVED: I could do it. Thank you Alistair Parsons for all your patience with me. I did everything you said me, plus I used the RC to switch between video/pic/video mode and cam it's ready to record if there's any movement. I put auto off 1 minute (for test it) and it still record, but only for 2 or 3 times. Maybe i have low batterie.

CONCLUSION: My cam is VERY GOOD, I'm too newbie in this world... :D

I haven't' had any problem. Until today, everythoing is OK!

Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator: