Motion detection sensitivity

MrHash

Hi i recently bought a Git2 1.6.1 and am trying to use motion detection. I've noticed that although the field of view is set to narrow the motion detection seems to use the full 170 degree range of the lens in it's calculations. It's seems to be extremely sensitive and sometimes starts while looking at a wall even though it is not moving.

Can we have some detection sensitivity options and possibly limit it to the FOV? Is it triggered by sound also??

The behaviour is really unpredictable and unfortunately this makes it quite unusable at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrHash

i also tried this with the lens cap on and still it starts recording..

Alistair Parsons

the narrow FOV is just cropping the central part of the video really, so I would leave on normal FOV, and adjust to make sure anything outside doesnt activate. perhaps a shroud, you can always crop video in post.

motion detection needs to be really stable, perhaps on a tripod.

MrHash

yeh i've been doing some more tests and it seems to be ultra sensitive. would be great if we can set a threshold?

Alistair Parsons

as per other post, use git2 as a webcam or ipcam and use another app to control recording, i have used ipwebcam with passthrough otg cable and git2 as uvc . also tinycam as well