My A119s shows white screen when on, firmware update didn't help, how do i make it work again?

Boris

Hi!
My friend gave me his A119s for repair. It shows white screen all the time after I turn it on. Red led near "power on" button is on while camera is on. Just bought a new Micro Center 32 GB Class 10 microSD card, formatted as FAT32, copied new firmware on it, inserted into dash cam and waited till it update the camera's firmware (green light was flashing for like 10 seconds). Owners of other models of Viofo cameras suggested to replace the screen in this case. If so, how do I replace it? How to make this camera work again? I can provide serial number if neeeded.

Capture Your Action

Doesn't look like something that a firmware update would fix. Could be the LCD screen itself, but not sure it's worth buying a new one, unless it's really cheap. You may want to open it up and re-seat the ribbon cable that goes from the image sensor to the main board, as sometimes they can come loose and cause an issue like this. Maybe re-seat the ribbon cable that goes from the LCD screen to the main board as well.