My brand new A119 V3 won't record

HelpMyViofo

Like the title says. I purchased this V3 last week and went to install it last night. I bought a high quality Samsung Pro endurance memory card. The dash cam will turn on and let me change settings but the red light is flashing and it says there is a memory error. It will not record anything.

Anyone know what I can do?

HelpMyViofo

Have you formatted the card inside the camera yet?
Thanks for the quick reply. I went through the settings and looked in the owners manual but didn't see any specifics. I may have missed it. This is my 2nd dash cam and no formatting was needed for the other one I bought.

Can you give me the cliff notes on what I need to do?

Capture Your Action

Memory cards should always be formatted inside the camera before using. I'm sure your old one had the function. Your lucky it didn't seem to cause any issues without formatting the card first.
Go into the menu and toward the end you will see the option Format. Choose yes and you should be good to go assuming your card is good and compatible. What card are you using?

HelpMyViofo

Memory cards should always be formatted inside the camera before using. I'm sure your old one had the function. Your lucky it didn't seem to cause any issues without formatting the card first.
Go into the menu and toward the end you will see the option Format. Choose yes and you should be good to go assuming your card is good and compatible. What card are you using?
Samsung Pro Endurance

hochiinn

i have 129, but i think the configuration is the same. with the cam in the car, turn on ign. when the cam display comes on, press the record button(lwr left) and the red light in the upper left will go out. then press the menu(lwr lft) and menu will come on. toggle to format. all of this is in the manual i got with our cameras

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
If you have used this card in other camera, recommend to format the card in the camera, or using the GUIFORMAT tool on windows to format the card as FAT32.