Newly installed A129 Duo Pro issues

LosingIT

I've done a bit of research and waiting to hear back from Viofo on my issues. Hoping someone smarter than me can point me in the right direction. I just installed the A129 Duo Pro using the HK3 hardwire kit. The cameras come on when I start my vehicle and appear to be recording, then at 30 seconds they stop recording for 10 or more seconds. I've formatted the SD card I am using, ran it against the H2TestW software, the SD cards I am using appear to be fine. Both SD cards I have tried are exactly the same.
Today I unplugged the rear camera to see if it made a difference, it certainly did. It looks as though the camera recorded well past 30 seconds, but it still didn't record the 3 minute loops I have it set to.
I have a new SD card ordered (a Transcend 300s in 256Gig) Should I consider other options?
Are my issues related to the SD card at all?

Thank you in advance!

Capture Your Action

How are you powering the camera?

Do you have motion detection on or off?

Card related is certainly possible, but I wouldn't get a Transcend. The SanDisk High Endurance, Samsung EVO Select (or EVO Plus) are good cards with the Pro. Some have had luck with the Samsung Pro Endurance as well.

What are the 2 cards you already used?

LosingIT

How are you powering the camera?

Do you have motion detection on or off?

Card related is certainly possible, but I wouldn't get a Transcend. The SanDisk High Endurance, Samsung EVO Select (or EVO Plus) are good cards with the Pro. Some have had luck with the Samsung Pro Endurance as well.

What are the 2 cards you already used?
I have it powered through the fuse box using the the hardwire kit.

Based on your advice and what I found online I pulled my Samsung EVO+ card out of my phone. I put it in the Dashcam and now everything seems to be working as it should.

The card I was using is a Kingston 32Gig card. Fairly old, I took it from my old dash camera, not sure how long I have had it.

I suspect my issues are SD card related. I'll continue to monitor and see if the Samsung EVO+ card works, if it does I will just keep it in the dashcam and put the transcend I already ordered in my phone for pics and music.

Thank you for the assistance! I will definitely report back in a week or so on how it's going.

hochiinn

i had all kinds of problems with the cameras before the viofo. when i switched the cards to all high endurance, all the problems went away. if you read the fine print on the samsung cards, it specifically says warranty does not apply to dashcams. only the samsung endurance cards are.