No auto stop/off when used as a dashcam?

STK

I just got my Git2, and tried to mount it in my car as a dashcam today. After some fiddeling with the USB cable (taping the data connectors) I got the camera to start recording when I turned on the ignition. I can, however, not get the camera to turn off or at least stop recording when I turn off the ignition.

What am I missing?

Alistair Parsons

Thats correct

It uses the normal auto off setting
some people set it to 30 mins to catch any incidents while the car is parked

If it turned off as soon as it lost power, it could miss some things during an accident if the force/movement was enough to dislodge power cable.

STK

Thank you for your reply.

I now tried disableing the auto off setting, and it seems to turn the camera off a few seconds after it loses power (tested with camera connectet to my computer, data connectors taped over). This didn't work when I tried it yesterday in my car, but well...if it works, it works. I'll try it in my car later today, but I can't see why it wouldn't work there as well.

And yes, it would be a good idea to let the camera keep recording for some time after the the power is turned off. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by a moderator:

daynismith

As per your discussion! you people have good knowledge of top dash cams.
Right now i'm facing trouble to select dash cam! this buyers guide didn't conclude me to the final decision.
I'm not sure what to choose as they mentioned garmin 30 and nextbase 412 dash cams

Alistair Parsons

Ive been using Git2 as dashcam for 20 months now, very happy with it in that purpose,like the fact that I can swop it to a bike dash cam aswell..

geektech

Yes Git2 it is one the best brand Hungry Shark World MOD APK that I have ever used til this date hungry shark world console guide , I hope you like it as best portable jump starter 2018 well lets hope for the best. Hello Alpha Neighbour 4