Parking mode dedicated battery Vs. a portable battery

Milos7

I just got A129Pro Duo and installed it with 256GB card powered by USB charging port. Works great. Next step is park mode 24/7 surveillance.

I realized that I cannot just simply start "parking" mode manually by pushing the button before exiting the car, or by camera sensing that car isn't moving anymore. (5min after park mode seems unreliable from what I read). I wish this simple feature of manually and easily entering the parking mode will be enabled very soon

So my questions are:

- Is parking mode designed mainly to save space on SD card, and reduce battery drain (less current draw maybe?)

- If memory storage is not an issue why should I even be in park mode? Why not record as normally it does while driving (loops)

- Is there significant power consumption advantage while in parking mode? If so by how much exactly?

The reason I am asking is this:

Parking mode requires special setup and extra equipment.
The difference in price for external battery options like BlackboxMyCar PowerCell 8 96Wh ($400 with cables), and running it off of USB port on a Portable Battery bank that has 3 times more capacity like this one for example "GOLABS R150 204Wh LiFePO4 ($110) is huge. Both are LiFePO4 but bigger less expensive one just does not tell the car to enter the Parking mode.

Why should I pay that much extra and do extra work wiring custom cables for the more expensive smaller capacity battery?

Thanks in advance?