Parking mode draining battery?

Grego

It would appear that when my A129 Pro Duo switches to parking mode once the car ignition is switched off, there is some draining of the car batter to a level where I am now receiving a low battery warning light.
This device was hard wired 6 months ago to my BMW X7 however I have doubts it was properly installed by the professional fitter?
My questions are
  1. Any advice on how to check whether it was correctly installed? I bought the Viofo hardwiring kit when I purchased the device.
  2. Is the 12V the correct setting on the hard wire kit to avoid battery depletion?
  3. What settings should the device be on for parking mode to avoid any draining of the battery?
  4. Anything else I should be looking out for before I decide on the next course of action.
  5. Next course of action would be a separate battery pack for the parking mode to operate from. Any recommendations what battery pack I should be looking for and are these easy to install bearing in mind the device is already hardwired into my fuse box?
I would appreciate any advice as soon as possible.

P.S. I posted this thread earlier in the week but it appears to have been deleted for some reason?

Grego

It would appear that when my A129 Pro Duo switches to parking mode once the car ignition is switched off, there is some draining of the car batter to a level where I am now receiving a low battery warning light.
This device was hard wired 6 months ago to my BMW X7 however I have doubts it was properly installed by the professional fitter?
My questions are
  1. Any advice on how to check whether it was correctly installed? I bought the Viofo hardwiring kit when I purchased the device.
  2. Is the 12V the correct setting on the hard wire kit to avoid battery depletion?
  3. What settings should the device be on for parking mode to avoid any draining of the battery?
  4. Anything else I should be looking out for before I decide on the next course of action.
  5. Next course of action would be a separate battery pack for the parking mode to operate from. Any recommendations what battery pack I should be looking for and are these easy to install bearing in mind the device is already hardwired into my fuse box?
I would appreciate any advice as soon as possible.

P.S. I posted this thread earlier in the week but it appears to have been deleted for some reason?
Has anyone got an answer to my problem above please?

Capture Your Action

Sounds like it's connected properly if it enters and exits parking mode correctly.

All parking modes will consume power. The draw between the different modes is minimal. Newer cars computers systems will alert you of a power draw, so I don't think there is much you can do here, unless you want to go the separate battery pack route.

Setting the cutoff to 12V is fine if your battery is new/healthy and your current climate is not too cold.

dala

when measuring consumption, I found that in parking mode with a motion sensor, the consumption is about 10W = 0.833 A

to this it is necessary to add the consumption of the car itself = 50 to 150 mA

without HK3 and with a car battery capacity of 48 Ah, the battery is empty in 2 days

Last edited:

Grego

I have the HK3 which was hardwire into my car. This was bought with the dash cam from Viofo UK.
I'm still finding its draining the car battery. What setting should I have it on?
Also is there anything within the dash cam settings for the parking mode that I should be aware of that may affect the battery drain?
Cheers!

SWoMP

Possibly Event Detection in parking mode may be triggered too easily. Also, look at the PM recording settings. I'm sorry I dont know which settings use the lowest current!
Might be worth a bit of trial and error with the settings and then reviewing the recordings to see what is satisfactory...

SWoMP

P.s. You might be better posting your question on DashCamTalk as heavier traffic there as well as knowledgable people.

Karagandinez

I have the HK3 which was hardwire into my car. This was bought with the dash cam from Viofo UK.
I'm still finding its draining the car battery. What setting should I have it on?
Also is there anything within the dash cam settings for the parking mode that I should be aware of that may affect the battery drain?
Cheers!
The car battery will drain regardless of which parking mode is on. Recording time in parking mode depends on the condition of the vehicle's battery and ambient temperature.
Personally, I have the parking mode enabled: Low bitrate recording. The cutoff of the НK3 block is set to 12 volts. The battery is enough for 12 hours of recording in parking mode and without a problem starting the engine. I didn’t test it longer, 12 hours is enough for me.

dala

the problem is that the sensitivity of the motion sensor is too high even when set to "low"
the solution is to set the motion sensitivity lower than "low"
-2x low
-3x low
-4x low
-5x low

Grego

the problem is that the sensitivity of the motion sensor is too high even when set to "low"
the solution is to set the motion sensitivity lower than "low"
-2x low
-3x low
-4x low
-5x low
Yes I would also like to know how these settings are applied please?

kukushkin_d

If you now set the low sensitivity of the motion sensor in parking mode, a lot of useless video gets on the map. It means that the sensitivity is so high that the video is recorded from the stirring of leaves on the trees. Or the car drives far from the dangerous zone. Whatever happens, you need to make sensitivity lower than that one

dala

the answer was for the developers firmware viofo
user cannot reduce sensitivity to less than "low"