Parking Mode not turning on

mrpk

Just got my camera today, powered it up with the USB cable provided before doing all the install and finding out issues with it. I have set parking mode to Auto detection and parking timer to 24 hrs and also set the parking auto on to 90 seconds - which i would think means it will switch to parking mode when no motion is detected ? I am confused how does the camera know to switch to parking mode automatically ? I plan to use the hard-wire kit i have ordered it as well, but for testing just using the USB cable to power the camera. Have 2ch , so basically rear camera.

Just tried with the provided Car lighter adapter as well , same outcome does not switch to parking mode. Sent support an email as well. Looks like defective camera i received. Hardwire kit coming next week, but i was planning to just use it to connect lighter plug to it and use my existing lighter plug to power.

Last edited:

mrpk

Sir, I have ordered it but i will be wiring it to work with my 12 volt car lighter plug, as the plug is always on, the parking mode should turn on in 5 mins without the kit but it is not right now, used the car adapter it came with in the vehicle, pointed camera to floor/ceiling so does not pick any motion, tried with camera and with 2 as well, does not matter what i do, it will not go into parking mode automatically. Not to mention it's getting very hot, especially the sd card area is very hot to touch. I am worried about it catching fire, as it's always recording never stopping. Please see the settings.
PS: have ticket open as well with support. I do not plan to use ACC wire even with the hardware kit. Direct connection to cig. lighter which is always on will be used.

Attachments

Last edited:

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
May I know when and where you bought the dashcam?

Please don't worry about the high temperature. It's normal as the dashcam has 3 channels.

mrpk

Sir i bought it from Amazon, i am returning it talked to the seller. It is having very strange errors, the date/time is also not working properly. It was showing recording date as sept. 7 when it was actually sept.5 or sept 6. Checked GMT as well it was set to right time zone as well. I will be getting the 3 ch one instead, i hope the cable for cabin is long enough as i plan to use it in the center of the vehicle instead of at the front of windshield.

What is the length for the cable for the interior cam on the 3ch model ? I would hate to go out there and buy another cable for the cable. Camera should arrive tomorrow so can test it out. I gave up on this unit spent lots of hours trying to reset/set/configure to get parking mode to work.

Tenbroso

Did the new camera solve the issue? I have the exact same issue, but camera is working fine. Besides switching into parking mode. I use a OBD2 adapter for power.