Parking mode recording continually without stopping

Sean

I bought A129 Pro Duo and got it HK3 hardwire installed (power through main unit not GPS module). However parking mode records continually without stopping and drains my car battery. My set up is Auto Event Detection and both parking G-sensor and motion detection sensitivity is low and my car is parked in private garage without movement around. FW is the latest 2.2. Anyone has a clue? I've logged a ticket.

xiongguoy

Double check your hardwire kit wiring? Many cases they were wired wrongly. ACC should go to something that only has power when the car is running and has no power when car is off, that is how the camera decides to switch between parking and driving mode, and voltage cut won't happen in driving mode.
If you are already on the latest firmware you should be powered from the GPS mount.

Sean

Double check your hardwire kit wiring? Many cases they were wired wrongly. ACC should go to something that only has power when the car is running and has no power when car is off, that is how the camera decides to switch between parking and driving mode, and voltage cut won't happen in driving mode.
If you are already on the latest firmware you should be powered from the GPS mount.
Thanks
BTW I had it installed by professional but he used OBD II adapter connecting to hardware kits then connected to OBD port on my car. I wonder if OBD port doesn't support parking mode as people said OBD II connector is always on power.

Sean

Problem resolved eventually. OBD doesn't have ACC so HK3 can't detect ignition off. Connect to trunk fuse ACC finally as Mercedes GLC Coupe 2020 doesn't have ACC fuse at front dashboard or passenger areas.

Cajun

I bought A129 Pro Duo and got it HK3 hardwire installed (power through main unit not GPS module). However parking mode records continually without stopping and drains my car battery. My set up is Auto Event Detection and both parking G-sensor and motion detection sensitivity is low and my car is parked in private garage without movement around. FW is the latest 2.2. Anyone has a clue? I've logged a ticket.
Same here. Tried the GPS and direct for power. Running latest firmware.

Did you ever get it sorted out. Very frustrating...

Attachments

CaptainBlobby

I have the same problem.
The a129 duo pro goes into parking mode ok when I park. I can see the icon change on the screen to parking mode once the ACC is off.
Parking mode is set to "Auto Event Detection". G Sensor sensitivity is low. Parking motion detection is set to Low.

The car is on a quiet street with no traffic. Even when there is no motion outside, no rain, no wind, the dashcam is constantly triggering and recording.

The latest firmware is installed.

The settings were made directly in the dashcam (the App looks broken, as the settings are out of synch with the actual dashcam settings).

Please help, this is very, very annoying. My 256GB SD card is full of parking events where nothing happens.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
I have the same problem.
The a129 duo pro goes into parking mode ok when I park. I can see the icon change on the screen to parking mode once the ACC is off.
Parking mode is set to "Auto Event Detection". G Sensor sensitivity is low. Parking motion detection is set to Low.

The car is on a quiet street with no traffic. Even when there is no motion outside, no rain, no wind, the dashcam is constantly triggering and recording.

The latest firmware is installed.

The settings were made directly in the dashcam (the App looks broken, as the settings are out of synch with the actual dashcam settings).

Please help, this is very, very annoying. My 256GB SD card is full of parking events where nothing happens.
Hello,

Please check the hardwire kit connection. And could you share a screenshot of the VIOFO app's setting menu?

“ I can see the icon change on the screen to parking mode once the ACC is off.” When you see the icon change, is the dashcam display the same with this picture?

CaptainBlobby

Hello,

Please check the hardwire kit connection.

Hardwire kit is wired correctly. Pull out the cigarrette lighter connector and screen changes to parking mode, like this:

And could you share a screenshot of the VIOFO app's setting menu?
As explained above, the App does not work properly. It does not show the same settings as the phone for parking mode.
Here is the dashcam setting for event parking mode:

Here is the app view of the same settings, without changing anything:

You will see that the app thinks the parking mode is Low bitrate recording, the dashcam thinks its auto-event detection.
If I change the parking mode in the app to auto-event detection, then on the dashcam the settings report it as being in low-bitrate setting. This does not inspire confidence!
I always set the setttings on the dashcam.

The latest firmware is installed.:

Yes, I have wiped the settings after updating firmware.

The dashcam records constantly in parking mode.

This isn't working properly. Please help.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hardwire kit is wired correctly. Pull out the cigarrette lighter connector and screen changes to parking mode, like this:

View attachment 964

As explained above, the App does not work properly. It does not show the same settings as the phone for parking mode.
Here is the dashcam setting for event parking mode:

View attachment 963

Here is the app view of the same settings, without changing anything:

View attachment 965

You will see that the app thinks the parking mode is Low bitrate recording, the dashcam thinks its auto-event detection.
If I change the parking mode in the app to auto-event detection, then on the dashcam the settings report it as being in low-bitrate setting. This does not inspire confidence!
I always set the setttings on the dashcam.

The latest firmware is installed.:

View attachment 966

Yes, I have wiped the settings after updating firmware.

The dashcam records constantly in parking mode.

This isn't working properly. Please help.
I noticed your firmware is not the latest version: V2.3. You can update to the latest one by downloading the file as attached.

Firmware updating instruction:
You can use a card reader to connect the computer to format your SD card as FAT32 first, and then download the firmware bin file into the root of your SD card.

After that, insert the SD card into the dashcam, the cam will automatically upgrade.

The REC LED will be blinking while upgrading, and the dashcam will restart after finishing upgrading.

And also the latest version of the VIOFO app is 3.18. If you use an android phone, please try to update the app to the latest version as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

CaptainBlobby

If your using the Viofo hardwire kit, why do you "Pull out the cigarrette lighter connector and screen changes to parking mode"? Can you explain exactly how you are powering the camera?
The Viofo hard wire kit is spliced to a cellink HC3 cable which then connects (via a 3 wire connection) to the ouput of a Cell Link NEO battery.

It is made specifically for the purpose of signalling parking mode to the dashcam....

It works very well, so that when I disconnedt the power to the battery, ie the cigarette lighter, then the output to the dashcam swithces from the AC to the live cable, and the dashcam goes straight to parking mode.

Using a battery like this means parking mode can run without draining the primary car battery. (its actually a Tesla so can't use the 12v system when not driving, but that's another story)

Last edited:

CaptainBlobby

I noticed your firmware is not the latest version: V2.3. You can update to the latest one by downloading the file as attached.

Firmware updating instruction:
You can use a card reader to connect the computer to format your SD card as FAT32 first, and then download the firmware bin file into the root of your SD card.

After that, insert the SD card into the dashcam, the cam will automatically upgrade.

The REC LED will be blinking while upgrading, and the dashcam will restart after finishing upgrading.

And also the latest version of the VIOFO app is 3.18. If you use an android phone, please try to update the app to the latest version as well.
That firmware file is completely ignored by my dashcam. I have copied it to the root of the SD card, inserted it into the dashcam, then powered up the dashacam. The dashcam switches on and starts recording. Version stays at 2.2. File remains on SD card.

Is it me, or is this file broken?

Capture Your Action

That firmware file is completely ignored by my dashcam. I have copied it to the root of the SD card, inserted it into the dashcam, then powered up the dashacam. The dashcam switches on and starts recording. Version stays at 2.2. File remains on SD card.

Is it me, or is this file broken?
Rename the file FWA129P.bin

CaptainBlobby

Rename the file FWA129P.bin
Thanks.

I did try taking the space out of the file name, but that didn't help.

You're right, renaming the file as you describe has fixed the problem, at least its loaded the firmware. Now to see if parking mode is fixed, that would be a result.

They don't make it easy at Viofo. Version 2.3 is not published on their site as the latest firmware, and then they rename the file so it is ignored even if you do know it exists. phhhh :rolleyes:

I'll report back with my findings. I have reset to defaults.... Now to set back and put in car...

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks.

I did try taking the space out of the file name, but that didn't help.

You're right, renaming the file as you describe has fixed the problem, at least its loaded the firmware. Now to see if parking mode is fixed, that would be a result.

They don't make it easy at Viofo. Version 2.3 is not published on their site as the latest firmware, and then they rename the file so it is ignored even if you do know it exists. phhhh :rolleyes:

I'll report back with my findings. I have reset to defaults.... Now to set back and put in car...
Hello Friend,

Really sorry for the wrong name firmware I gave you. I'm a newcomer to VIOFO, still not very familiar with the product. Thus I renamed the file to make it easier to memory. I just asked my colleague. And she confirmed that the name cannot be changed. Now I learned it. Thanks, @Capture Your Action

Looking forward to your feedback. I'll try my best to help you solve the problems you met about the product.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
The latest version of the Viofo app. available on the App. store in Australia is 2.1.4

Where do I get v3.18?

Thanks.
Hello,

Because V2.1.4 is the VIOFO APP's version on iPhone. V3.18 is the one on the android phone.

Last edited:

Sean

The Viofo hard wire kit is spliced to a cellink HC3 cable which then connects (via a 3 wire connection) to the ouput of a Cell Link NEO battery.

It is made specifically for the purpose of signalling parking mode to the dashcam....

It works very well, so that when I disconnedt the power to the battery, ie the cigarette lighter, then the output to the dashcam swithces from the AC to the live cable, and the dashcam goes straight to parking mode.

Using a battery like this means parking mode can run without draining the primary car battery. (its actually a Tesla so can't use the 12v system when not driving, but that's another story)
Have you got your prob resolved? I wonder if all 3 wires on HK3 connecting to battery is the reason. Unless battery is able to tell HK3 when ignition on or not. My HK3 previously connecting to OBD which can't tell ignition on or not and parking mode didn't work properly.