Parking mode recording continually without stopping

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Have you got your prob resolved? I wonder if all 3 wires on HK3 connecting to battery is the reason. Unless battery is able to tell HK3 when ignition on or not. My HK3 previously connecting to OBD which can't tell ignition on or not and parking mode didn't work properly.
Hello,

May I know the specific problem of the parking mode?

spk

same issue. constantly recording in park. Im using a topgears wiring harness (HK3 copy i assume). Yes, i checked the ACC line is the ACC line. Will check out the firmware but it seems to me that shouldn't be the issue. Settings same as other fella.. continuously recorded in park till SD was full..

On further investigation, it seems that the unit cannot differentiate between park and normal when powered through GPS module? is this correct??

CaptainBlobby

Hello,

May I know the specific problem of the parking mode?
The problem is very simple and very annoying and lots of people complain about it.

Before you ask, YES, the camera is going into parking mode when parked. While in parking mode, in event detection mode, the camera is too sensitive. An event is triggerred all the time and the camera fills up with parking files with nothing happening. Even a cloud moving very very slowly very high in the sky is enough to trigger an event.

My Tesla, by comparison, triggers only for real events with very few false positives.

Please, Please, Please, fix the sensitivity issues on parking mode so that the camera captures only actual events, instead of recording constantly in park mode.