Parking mode

laneonivy

Hi all

I had my Dash Cams installed a couple of weeks ago, the hard wire kit was faulty because it continued to record all night then died the next day.

The second hard wire kit was installed and it was set at 12.4, parking mode lasted about 2 minutes, then die off at 12.2 (set at 4K video)

My car is a 2010 Corolla, in good condition, battery last replaced about 4/5 years ago it’s not driven every day but we would go through at least 300km a week
i am in australia, so the dash cam can feel very hot by afternoon.

___

So recently I replaced the battery just to see if the parking mode duration would improve, it didn’t at 12.4v settings

As my installed said it dies at 12.2 (while being set at 12.4) I’ve now changed it to 12 V and the parking mode seems to work for eight hours plus ( please see image attached - sporadic event times show it works for ages)

i’ve checked the footage it’s nothing too substantial (trees blowing, rain, occasionally a car driving by) but as you can see in that same image, most of these videos are locked in the main video folder, - there is no RO folder when I view my computer.

After I replaced the battery I reset the camera to default settings (through the camera) and then input the settings I had previously through the camera not the app

1) is it normal to have parking mode (auto detect event) go for about 10 hours possibly more at 12v? It used about 11gb of the 256gb card to capture these "events" (see second image attached)

2) should I go back to my supplier to get a third replacement hardware kit that would cease at 12.2 (which may be 12.2/12 when cutting off), rather than 12.4 which has turned out to actually cut off at 12.2.

3) also I read on here that the camera supposed to double beep when it goes into the parking mode, my unit never has so I think my installer may have installed something incorrectly - I can’t find anything in the booklet, is there an online reference i can refer him to, i would like that fixed as it is annoying having to sit and wait for it to drop into parking mode, and then turn on the screen to see that it has indeed flipped over....

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
  1. 0.2V difference for low voltage cut off is normal, like you set 12.4V but cut off on 12.2V is normal.
  2. We recommend you use the low bitrate recording for parking recording.
  3. It seems you use a 256GB card?

Do you use A129 Duo or A129 Pro, we can send a new firmware for you to test, improve the parking recording stability.

laneonivy

We recommend you use the low bitrate recording for parking recording.

It seems you use a 256GB card?

Do you use A129 Duo or A129 Pro, we can send a new firmware for you to test, improve the parking recording stability.
im not a fan of 24/7 surveillance that low bitrate presents, too many files to check or write over.
Yes 256 gb card

A129 pro duo. Will this firmware update improve the parking mode auto detect mode?

my camera isn’t cutting off. It never powers down. That’s not normal is it? Is my replacement HWK defective, or do you think my installer has not installed it correctly?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Please upgrade to this firmware.

1. After upgrade, format the card in the camera, it will be formatted as exFat instead of FAT32.
  2. If you are worried about the drain the battery, you can set the parking recording timer in this new version, like set it only do parking recording for 12 hours.
  3. There is always a challenge for the looping with big capacity card, too many files in the card will make the card less efficiency.

laneonivy

Sorry for the newbie question but i am a mac user will i be able to write to this now ex-fat drive?

i noticed wifi came up often. i wasnt even using it as i was manually inputting the settings into the dash cam... strange

Ive done the upgrade, my dash cam wouldnt convert to parking icon (still a car) but ive set it at 4 hour timer, parking mode auto detect, and its on 12.4v - see how it goes

thanks viofo

laneonivy

Hi i need help again, im starting to hate this camera now!!!!!!

the card got full (!!! 256gb, parking event and 1 minute driving files, only about 2 days recordings so far but anyway) and i got a 'format delete everything' message which i shouldnt get as i selected loop 1 min recordings. it came on as i turned my car on acc, and then when i start ignition it goes away and the two red lights were on so i assumed it fixed itself (started loop record) . i checked the file and it stopped recording fro the time i noticed the file message, and i had driven about 3 hours since then without dash surveil, not good.

i put the camera back on the computer,
formatted it to fat32,
disconnected it and reformatted it twice from in the camera (powered by wall adapter not computer),
connected it back to the computer,
dropped the firmware file in to the empty "root folder" (no Video or photo folder as it was wiped therefore no folders set up yet)

and now the unit doesnt power on at all. i used a pin in the side but that did nothing. It doesnt power on on the computer or via a wall adapter

laneonivy

so i just loaded the camera card to the computer separately, it loaded fine so at least i knew the card wasnt the problem, and changed the usb cord. Go figure.

i have a sandisk sdxc 256gb v30 u3 class 10

i reloaded the firmware, it worked (the update) however the camera now changes settings that ive made in the camera itself (such as 4k converts to FHD60). It doesnt loop - tells me to reformat the card, other annoying buggy things.

parking mode issues i had were rectified from a firmware update, but after updating heaps of options disappear see below (#1 is before updating, #2 is after)

Ive asked my seller for a replacement.

Attachments

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
It is a software issue, a replacement can not solve the issue.

Can you check the firmware version?

Also you can format the card first.

laneonivy

I updated with the firmware you offered above

I have reformatted several times

(keep in mind this app issue is due to the firmware update above, I’ve had a lot of problems with the cam before that update, my camera was updated to the latest firmware at the time (and subsequently) when I received it, and had lots of problems anyway so yes I do believe the camera is faulty)

Capture Your Action

I updated with the firmware you offered above

I have reformatted several times

(keep in mind this app issue is due to the firmware update above, I’ve had a lot of problems with the cam before that update, my camera was updated to the latest firmware at the time (and subsequently) when I received it, and had lots of problems anyway so yes I do believe the camera is faulty)
After you updated the firmware, did you go into the settings and manually default the camera? After defaulting the settings, you should then press and hold the reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds. See how the camera acts after these steps.

laneonivy

Ok, ive done the firmware update (again) to v1.7, defaulted settings, manually added my settings into camera, formatted card inside camera twice

and my app is current (2.0.4 for arguments sake however i use the camera to update settings)

will advise soon, thanks all.

luoxin

One thing I’ve noticed which happened before on v1.7 anyway..

when ive set the camera to 4K front, when i check the camera at the end of the drive it has converted to 4k 21:9 so I physically have to adjust it every time?
Thank you for your feedback. This is a display problem in the App. We will upload a new version as soon as possible.