Power off function on RF wrist remote

dkcp

Just bought a Git2 and a wrist remote. Happy with most of the functions so far but one thing I find annoying.

To turn off the camera you have to press and hold the power button on the camera for 2-3 seconds. On the wrist remote all it takes is a single short click. It can be quite annoying when it's mounted out of reach if you accidentally press that button.

It would be extremely helpful if the button on the remote also required you to hold the button down for a while.

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
There are two different remote control working mode in system setting menu.
In quick capturing mode, click the recording button will not stop recording, only the power off button on remote can stop recording, to avoid accidentally press the button to stop.

Dirk

I also just received my camera. I tested most functions and love the performance. The gyro works nicely on my bike, the colors are perfect and the battery lasts about 2 hours in my settings.
Since I will be using the camera mostly on my kayak I have just one problem so far and that is the remote function does not turn the camera on or off. Recording works fine, Photo works and Wifi works (all start & stop). I also upgraded successfully to the latest 1.5 software.
To power up or down I still have to reach the camera and press the power button.
What am I not doing correctly?

Last edited by a moderator:

dkcp

I also just received my camera. I tested most functions and love the performance. The gyro works nicely on my bike, the colors are perfect and the battery lasts about 2 hours in my settings.
Since I will be using the camera mostly on my kayak I have just one problem so far and that is the remote function does not turn the camera on or off. Recording works fine, Photo works and Wifi works (all start & stop). I also upgraded successfully to the latest 1.5 software.
To power up or down I still have to reach the camera and press the power button.
What am I not doing correctly?
There are two modes as Gitup staff explained above. You can however only turn off the camera from the remote. Once it is turned off you have to turn it on manually on the camera. It is not possible via the remote.

gitup

Product Manager
Staff member
Website
www.gitup.com
As remote control use 2.4G RF technology, it does not support power on the camera while the camera is powered off.
We try to support this feature in Git3, turn on camera via remote.